Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

by DancingInArkham

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
I tried clearing the MAC address and strangely it let me save again so i made a new save slot

Very weird and I havn't even traveled anywhere but work and walked around my house

On 2 of my most progressed saves i am having difficulty loading into the lot, it just goes back to the world select screen
I was able to get on my lot only after i bulldozed it and replaced the house in a earlier build, this entire thing is annoying and confusing

I either can't save or it wont even LOAD THE LOT 😳

Also something I've found to help some is if you're on xbox one, go to sims4 -manage game- /saved data & delete the reserved space, it is safe and your saves will be there still
It seems to fix loading for me
Message 231 of 393 (1,677 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try deleting the reserved space if i have another issue.. thanks for that tip!!

What myself and the wife are doing now is to save early.. and save often.. then if we get the save bug.. we just restart the xbox and do not lose too much.

I am hopefull that EA will have a patch for some fixes needed soon and as stated above, they (EA) could at least drop a few notes to us here saying that they are working on it.. we have even bought all the expansions/ad-dons available   Thinking

Message 232 of 393 (1,631 Views)

★ Apprentice
You don't have to lose any progress if you use the work around to auto save. If it still won't save after you've done the work around then you can reset your Xbox and everything should work again. I've been using this method since early access and haven't lost any progress
Message 233 of 393 (1,611 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Until I see there is a fix for this issue I'm not playing the game, the work around is good and all but I'd rather way for me to be able to play the game without using a work around you know?

EA FIX THIS!!!!!!

Message 234 of 393 (1,602 Views)

★ Novice
I have a PS4 I also pre ordered the game and it’s like ever since Friday night I haven’t been able to save. I’ve lost a lot of progress. Even tried to create a new sim and start over and it’s the same problem. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! I’ve waited years for this game to come on PS4!!!
Message 235 of 393 (1,807 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I returned my ps4 copy of sims 4 game and took my money back, definitely not going to buy another EA game ever again, they sold me a defective software with game saving problem, this saving issue completely ruined my gaming experience and precious time. Please return your game guys and get a refund and play some other better game and definitely don't buy this game again to feel miserable.
Message 236 of 393 (1,788 Views)

Re: Can't Save Sims 4 on Xbox One!

★★★ Newbie
I’ve done everything to try and fix this, I’ve uninstalled the game and downloaded it again I’ve deleted games for storage and I’ve created a new sim and the same thing keeps on happening I’ve had to restart 5 times and I’ve spent a lot of time and I’d like this to be fixed as I know it’s not just me
Message 237 of 393 (1,749 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It’s not you, it’s the game. Make a save file, DONT LET YOUR SIM TRAVEL AT ALL FROM YOUR HOME LOT, and you should be good. There’s a workaround that was posted a few pages back (pic below) that if you want to continue traveling and everyone says it works but I personally just kept my Sims in the house and it’s been saving so far. Yeah it restrictive but until they fix the save issue, I’m not taking any risks. I lost many hours of gameplay, I refuse to let it happen again.
Message 238 of 393 (1,744 Views)

Can save on console BUT lose progress

★★★ Newbie
I can save my game on my Xbox one. However when I reload into the game, I lose my progress that I saved. Any help?
Message 239 of 393 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The sims 3 had the exact same problem & did not bother fixing it when i bought it on console, there is no excuse for this. if they don't fix it i'm never buying another sims game again. there is no point playing a game that you have to start over from scratch every week. 

Message 240 of 393 (1,851 Views)