Sims 4 pause menu freeze whilst saving

by Moulsdale3

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★★★ Novice

Were you in live mode, build/buy mode, manage worlds or travelling when you tried to save and this started to happen?
How many Sims did you have in your household?
What lot were you playing on? In that lot, did you have the default house/building or did you buy/build on it?
Did you travel between worlds before trying to save?

1. I was in live mode
2. 1 sim in household
3. The Forgotten Hollow at the Widowshild townhome. The default house. Did not buy or build anything on it.
4. Yes I traveled between worlds before trying to save.

When I click save it just sits here on the pause screen. I have to turn my controller off an on or go to the control screen and back off of it but it never does save. I do not even show an auto save.
Message 51 of 393 (5,053 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on Xbox and PlayStation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Well I actually moved a sim in, got engaged, and got pregnant all while staying in my house and my game is still saving perfectly. But hey, it is still risky. Don’t think cuz it worked for me it’ll work for you (especially with all this BS that’s happening). Play it safe till they fix the bugs.

And also guys remember, early access is basically beta testing. Those who have early access are usually bug finders and that’s for any game in this day and age. We test the game so they can make a update for the initial launch day. I know they don’t directly say that, but that’s what it is. I’m upset too, but we gotta give them a break. Think about it, all of us experiencing these problems will help them make a better game for those waiting till Friday. (But us early accessors better get some type of “sorry gift” or something..)
Message 52 of 393 (5,038 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hey guys. Try this. Not sure if this helps, I'm scared to exit the game.
Go to any dresser with your sim and clock on Change Sim. It will take you to the menu where you can change it's physical features.
At the top you'll see folder that says Save Household.
It saved it for me and looks like the file for the saved household is larger than my initial save before they got married and moved together.

Also, devs, please make it so we can change personality. We can change the main goal of the sim, but not it's traits. Maybe I want to make it a loner and I can't.

There's also a glitch with changing clothes for me. Especially pajamas for my girl.

Thanks. Someone let me know if this way works.
Message 53 of 393 (5,008 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hilariously it seems we have identified the problem with the game ourselves in this thread.i think it's travelling to another lot then interacting with something and traveling back that messes it up so theoretically if we save before travelling we wpuld have to reload after every time we travel....... At least we kind of know what does it....
Message 54 of 393 (4,990 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm having the same problem. I just lost another 4 hours of gameplay. After I did a hard rest on my Xbox the game started saving fine again. I traveled to the gym did a quick workout and saved and it worked then I traveled back home and saved and it worked. It seem to be an issue when you go without saving for an extended period of time. I'm going to try saving after every couple in game days and so how that works
Message 55 of 393 (4,970 Views)

★ Apprentice
That didn't work either I went to the park and had my wedding and once it was finished it wouldn't save. Maybe it's an issue saving after a social event
Message 56 of 393 (4,961 Views)

Sims 4 pause menu freeze whilst saving

★★★ Newbie
Hello, I’m playing on PS4 early as I preordered and for some reason sometimes when I try to save, it lets me select which slot to save in and then reverts immediately back to the pause menu and I have no control, no cursor etc. If I press pause again it just refreshes the pause menu but I can’t leave. When I close and restart the game it has not saved and I have twice now lost hours of gameplay! I definitely have enough space on the console.
Message 57 of 393 (4,829 Views)

★ Apprentice
I just traveled to the night club, played the piano danced and traveled back home and it wouldn't save
Message 58 of 393 (4,953 Views)

★★ Novice
Mine bugged when I was out at the nightclub now if I travel from there it does it.... if it wipes again this will be the third time with over 20 hours of gameplay. I paid extra to get early access and a touch grumpy at the whole thing. I have tried the wardrobe to change sim then saved the household to library so hopefully that works because I’m not doing it again. Are there any other things we can do in game that would force it to auto save? Literally no amounts of time I try to save or rejig it or try save in building mode or change world and save will it work.
Message 59 of 393 (4,948 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★ Novice
Same as Aevc. Mine won't save and if i try, it just freezes until i press L3 in to bring up the controls which unfreezes it, but still won't save.

Happened last night and lost 2hrs worth of gaming. Tried again this morning and same thing happening. It makes the game completely unplayable as there is zero point if it doesn't save progress.
Message 60 of 393 (4,933 Views)