Re: Xbox one can't save

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't save on Xbox and PlayStation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I preorder sims 4 for Xbox one. I have EA access so I started playing early access, but I can't save my game

Message 1 of 393 (44,562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't save on Xbox and PlayStation

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone!

A new patch has just been released both for Xbox and PlayStation 4 to address this saving issue. Please, download the patch and let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Happy saving! :eahigh_file:

-Mai

View in thread

Message 322 of 393 (31,261 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @mylander2011,

Thanks for letting us know about this, let's try to find out what's happening, ok?

Are you getting any error messages when you try to save? Or is it the game behaving as if it was saving correctly, but when you try to load your saves there's no saves to load?

The more information you can provide, the easier will be for us to understand the problem Wink

Thank you, and welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 2 of 393 (44,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So when I try to save it acts like it saving but it doesn't say saving, then I can't do anything for about a minute as if it froze for a minute
Message 3 of 393 (44,251 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for clarifying that, @mylander2011.

After the game works again, after that frozen minute, I guess you can keep playing as if nothing happened, right? When you open the game next time, you don't have any save games to load in Main Menu?

-Mai

Message 4 of 393 (44,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have a auto save it looks like from when I first started the game before I did anything
Message 5 of 393 (44,245 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks again, @mylander2011. Yes, game auto saves just after you create your first Sims.

Your other games are saving correctly, right?

Could you make sure you have enough free space in your Xbox?: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/manage-storage#913fb00a1ee449058499d4766509a123

If you do, could you try clearing the cache of your console?:

1. While the console is on, press and hold the console’s Xbox button for 5 seconds.
  2. The console will power down.
  3. Unplug the power cord.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back in then turn the console back on by touching the Xbox button
    • Note: If your console is set to the Instant On power state, the above steps will shut the console completely off and will not enable Instant On or the ability to turn on your console by saying ‘Xbox On’ until it reboots.

Please, let us know if that helps,

-Mai

Message 6 of 393 (44,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I just made a new game and this one is working fine. I can save and when I reload it's where I left off
Message 7 of 393 (44,237 Views)

EA app Team

That's great news, @mylander2011! Seems your first save got corrupted then.

Thanks for letting us know Standard smile

-Mai

Message 8 of 393 (44,231 Views)

Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★★★★★ Novice
Sims 4 will not save in xbox one. No error message, you click save and it acts as if its loading but doesn't actually save then the option menu freezes and the only way i can unfreeze it i've found is to click in my lift controller stick to go in to the controller options and go back out - still does not save, also happens when i try save and exit. This happened last night as well and 7 hrs gameplay was lost. I have enough memory on my xbox, no issues with other games and tried the reboot - everything lost. This most be a glitch with the game as the exact same thing happened my friend using the trial and I can see from this forum it is happening to others also?
Please help as the 10 hrs trial time I got has gone completely to waste and all my progress gone. Thanks in advance!
Message 9 of 393 (44,139 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★ Apprentice

id like to add to this that it appears something in game is corrupting files i have the same issue on multiple occasions and ive not used any console commands. reinstalled and hard reset to no avail. we can save when we start a new save but it eventually prevents us. for me only 40 minutes into a new game. Guys this issue is your end not our hardware. i have the new xbox x for christ sake.

Message 10 of 393 (44,132 Views)