by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Sims 4 university won’t work Xbox

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.2300 ( 64 Bit )
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Season, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood and Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By checking to see why I can’t play it.
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s just saying I need to install the game, even thought it’s installed.
What do you expect to see? That I’ll be able to play sims 4 university
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I downloaded Sims University on my Xbox, I go to start a new game, I check the new map but it says I need to install the pack first, which was strange because it just finished installing. So I reset the game, and on the main screen is shows you all your packs. The university pack is colored in showing I have it yet it’s saying it needs to be installed. I have gone to the area where you can see all your sims expansions packs from hitting the home button on the Xbox, and it says it needs to download. So I download it, but it just goes right back to “need to download” category.

Message 1 of 6 (2,098 Views)

Re: (PLEASE READ) Sims 4 university won’t work Xbox

Hero (Retired)

@braxton043  Please Power Cycle Your XBox.

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
  2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
Important If your console is in instant-on power mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Instant-on mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Your DLC should appear properly afterwards.
Message 2 of 6 (2,059 Views)

Re: Sims 4 university won’t work Xbox

Hero
@braxton043 Moved this to the console forum for more troubleshooting.

See @PoptartJuniper suggestion above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (2,042 Views)

Re: Sims 4 university won’t work Xbox

★★★ Newbie
@braxton043 Im having the same issue but with island living, how did you fix it?
Message 4 of 6 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have console too, but for me it keeps saying that I need to download the Seasons Expansion Pack to use it. I shut off my console, uninstalled and reinstalled, but its still not working. I spent quite a bit of money on it, so I don't want the purchase to be a waste. How can I fix this?

Message 5 of 6 (930 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@poppysims88 A help thread for DLC issues is here [Read First]FAQ - Sims 4 Console DLC Issues

Message 6 of 6 (895 Views)