Re: Sims 4 screen to big

by Nittzo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 screen to big

★★ Novice
The sims 4 screens to big on my Xbox one. How can I fix this??
Message 1 of 49 (110,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @bb8569 @stuehlar649,

As you seem to be describing the same issue, I've merged your threads. Wink

• On Xbox there's an option in game settings to adjust the size of the screen which might help. It's under Game options > Other > Adjust margins.
  • On PlayStation, this option is not available from the in-game settings because the game takes your console settings. This means you can adjust margins from PlayStation settings: from the PlayStation 4 home screen go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings

Could you try that?

You can also try to play with your TV settings.

Let us know if that helps!

-Mai

Edited to add PlayStation 4 settings to the solution post, more visible for everyone Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 49 (144,471 Views)

All Replies

Ps4 - Sims 4 screen zoomed

★★★ Newbie
Tried playing on 2 different tv's now, screen zoomed on both, the action bars are mostly off screen and there's no options to change the screen dimensions in game? Don't have problem with any other game or even on the PS homescreen. Basically making the game impossible to play at the moment, any suggestions? Problem can be seen in attached photo, thanks.
Message 2 of 49 (110,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @bb8569 @stuehlar649,

As you seem to be describing the same issue, I've merged your threads. Wink

• On Xbox there's an option in game settings to adjust the size of the screen which might help. It's under Game options > Other > Adjust margins.
  • On PlayStation, this option is not available from the in-game settings because the game takes your console settings. This means you can adjust margins from PlayStation settings: from the PlayStation 4 home screen go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings

Could you try that?

You can also try to play with your TV settings.

Let us know if that helps!

-Mai

Edited to add PlayStation 4 settings to the solution post, more visible for everyone Standard smile

Message 3 of 49 (144,472 Views)

★★ Novice
I figured it out. It took me like 5 mins lol. I had to adjust the margins. Thank you mia
Message 4 of 49 (110,460 Views)

★★ Novice
I mean mai*
Message 5 of 49 (110,459 Views)

EA app Team

Great to read you could find the option, @bb8569! Thanks for confirming it Standard smile

Hope you are enjoying the game!

-Mai

Message 6 of 49 (110,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for that info! Realised the issue only happened when I moved the console from the tv from which I downloaded it from to two other tv's I tried to play it on (55->37)
Didn't realise there was a margins option even after looking 😂
Thanks again.
Message 7 of 49 (110,445 Views)

EA app Team

Glad it helped, @stuehlar649! The TV size difference explains it, thanks for letting us know Standard smile

-Mai

Message 8 of 49 (110,417 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have an 'adjust marigins' option in my game. I looked for it everywhere in the option menu but it's not there.

Message 9 of 49 (110,292 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Nittzo,

Are you playing on PlayStation 4? If so, this option is not available from the in-game settings because the game takes your console settings. This means you can adjust margins from PlayStation settings: from the PlayStation 4 home screen go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings

Does that help? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 10 of 49 (110,182 Views)