Sims 4 on PS4 Won't load

by msjedwards22

Original Post

Sims 4 on PS4 Won't load

★★ Newbie
Sims 4 on PS4 all of a sudden it won't even start. I've played it a few times before. I wanted to play it today and it won't start. At first it made it to the press X to start screen. Then I press X and nothing happens. Then it finally made it to the loading screen after 5 minutes but it won't load. The bar slightly moves and that's it. I've checked the disk it's not dirty and it doesn't have a scratch on it. I'm not sure what the problem is. But if I could return it at this point I would be taking it back. This makes no sense. Now I have a brand new game that I can no longer play.
Message 1 of 6 (10,076 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on PS4 Won't load

EA app Team

Hi @msjedwards22,

Have you tried to restart your PS4? That might help.

Please, press and hold the PS button for at least 1 second, and then select [Turn Off PS4] on the screen that is displayed. Wait a few seconds and then turn on your console again.

If the game is still not loading after this, and you do not mind losing your progress, you can delete your saved game data as explained here: https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Manage-PS4-Saved-Game-Data-in-System-St...

Is the game loading now?

-Mai

Message 2 of 6 (10,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Is this going to be patched? So many glitches in this game!
Message 3 of 6 (9,696 Views)

★ Novice
Is there another way to solve this issue? I literally played ONCE and progressed really far and would hate to have to start all over again...
Message 4 of 6 (8,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai Nope
Message 5 of 6 (5,406 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @JackieBoy189, could you open a new thread and add some more information about what issue you're experiencing with The Sims 4 and the PS4? For example, what are you seeing when you go to load the game? When did it start happening? What troubleshooting have you tried? In the meantime I'll close this thread as it's a bit of an oldie. Thanks.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (5,176 Views)