Sims 4 keeps crashing during game play (Xbox One)

by AphroditeFilaki9

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during game play (Xbox One)

★★ Novice

I should also note that my gamertag is different than this screen name on this website.  If that matters and you need my gamertag let me know and I will share it with you.

Message 21 of 88 (3,164 Views)

EA Sims Team

@pizzaplaya12345

Thank you for the info.  Your gamertag might indeed be useful to us; feel free to send it to me through private message.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 88 (3,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too! i can not play! 

Message 23 of 88 (3,066 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @CapGus

Can you provide more details?  Where are you crashing?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 88 (3,058 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok..here goes the list of problems since the brindleton bay update..to note I have purchased and installed all the dlcs and exansion packs available to X box one users. I do not use any sort of cheats either.

1. Game play on lots you want to live on in brindleon bay is impossible with the game freezing every one to five minutes.

2. Fast travel between worlds now has a better than half chance of freezing the game. The only work around I have found is to use the manage world option, select the lot and then use the visit option.

3. Interactions in other worlds when doing things with the cats and dogs...like picking up dog poo, will cause freezing at least half the time.

4. I have yet to be successful in exploring ANY neighborhood in brindleton bay...making me very not happy since it was a fifty dollar purchase. I cant even visit the dog park without it freezing within a minute, and I have yet to get past the front door in the vet clinic.

5. If your sims inventory is empty I cannot do things like grab a book off the bookshelf to read or select specific leftovers out of the fridge. If there is anything at all already in the sims inventory then there is no issue.

6. Since the cats and dogs release the game is also freezing more during the load up at the start.

Please give us a patch for this..I have literally spent a couple hundred dollars to play all of the dlcs and add ons released, and I am very disappointed in the performace of the game at this time.

Message 25 of 88 (3,055 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Shaarinya

Have you tried re-installing and seeing if these issues are still occurring for you?  It's possible the installation was corrupted.

Message 26 of 88 (2,964 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hello again, yes I did. First I restarted my system and did a hard clear of the cache by unplugging the power box as suggested by xbox support. Yes..I also contacted them to make sure it wasnt a console issue. That did not help. When that did not work I uninstalled the entire game and all the add ons. Even after reinstalling everything...the game and all the dlcs...nothing has changed.

I also have more issues that I have found..

1. When trying to use the sea side house (might have the exact name wrong but im sure you can see which one it is) from the library in other neighbourhoods, my game hangs forever and does not load the lot and forces me to restart the game.

2. Using the fast forward when improving skills like playing instruments, has resulted in the game freezing when it never did before.

3. A technical thing...when trying to use the new pet themed bed for children, you cannot have the child ask to spray the monster under the bed, and adults do not have the option to spray the monster under the bed.

I have tried again to go to brindleton bay...and still nothing. Frozen again. Im not sure what else I can do at this time that I have not already done.

I cant be the only one having these issues.

Message 27 of 88 (2,954 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Shaarinya

OK thank you for all of this info.  We'll look into it.

Message 28 of 88 (2,950 Views)

★★★ Novice
Update...

After unisntalling and reinstalling 2 more times (5 times in total) the freezing issues seem to have fixed themselves. I have also been able to visit he dog park and vet. The kids bed issue is still there with the kid pet ged...you cant spray the monster and he child cannot ask to have it sprayed. You also cannot select thigs fro the fridge or bookcase if your sims inventory is empty. I havent tried living in the bay again but I will let you know if I find more.
Message 29 of 88 (2,902 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sorry about the terrible typos... Standard smile
Message 30 of 88 (2,895 Views)