Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during game play (Xbox One)

by t0ybuddha

Original Post

★★ Novice
Message 71 of 88 (6,426 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BubskibaNation 

Have you tried any of the following, to see if the issue goes away:

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 72 of 88 (6,419 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello helpful simQArobo,

I have returned to this thread because I have run into a few new crash issues for this game and I was wondering what else would help prevent the game from crashing. I have noticed that the larger lots that I play on (especially the 64 x 64 lots with houses taken from the gallery updates) seem to have crashing issues when I try to either enter build mode, try to save the game, or the worst culprit is traveling with sims. I have resorted to saving the game often but like I said, even that has caused some crashes to happen. For contexts sake, I will list out what I have going on in my little sim world:

- I was using the unlimited sim allowance with 380 playable sims (all created by me, none coming from the base game creations) but recently whittled that down to 199 by adding families to the other households bin. 

- I have purchased all of the upgrades besides strangerville, Moschino stuff, laundry day, toddler stuff, and spooky stuff. 

- I have the share user data turned off (that was my previous contribution to this thread) and I have hard restarted the game to no improvement. 

- I have littered the various worlds with houses and community lots taken from the various gallery updates but a lot of these lots seem to have way too much going on for the game/console to handle. 

The decrease in population seems to be a good step step in the right direction since one of the main lots that had this problem allowed me to travel to the vet and return back, but I am seeking ways to decrease the likelihood of the game crashing. I put too much time, effort, and money into this game just to give up on playing it because of these crashes, but it is a true test of patience whenever it happens. I also would love to pick up the magic realm expansion when it comes out, but I worry about adding too much to it and making the crash frequency worse so I am hoping this inquiry will yield some positive results. Thank you in advance! 

Message 73 of 88 (6,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruIcarus Yes, I still am. In 2019.....I get about 10 minutes of play before it crashes
Message 74 of 88 (6,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am soooooo sick of this. This game literally cost me hundreds of dollars with all the expansions (I don’t have them all, but close enough) and I cannot play due to it being so broken.

Yes I have deleted everything and reinstalled, yes I have turned off the sharing,

yes I have turned off WiFi to my console.

The games tells you “save frequently” but when I save it crashes. Every. Single. Time. I could just leave it on all the time, but it also crashes while trying to do things in the game. 

Its getting to to the point where I want to warn everyone not to buy this game till this is fixed. The only way we are going to get a patch or something to fix this if it hurts their bottom line, as this has been going on for awhile it seems and nothing has been done to fix it. They just seem to give the same answer every time even though their “solutions” are STILL NOT WORKING.

If multiple people are having the same issue it means it’s a problem with your software, not our consoles. 

Message 75 of 88 (6,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah, it is also getting frustrating that they only seem to want to answer certain people’s complaints about this and give a giant FU to everyone else’s. I tried to be nice but the frustration is reaching a boiling point and I don’t think I will be spending anymore money on the upcoming packs and will actively advocate the loyal players I know to do the same. 

Message 76 of 88 (6,223 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm with you there. My GF plays this game like crazy.. all the stuff packs go on sale we spend $55 dollars buying nearly all of them and then she loses her save game.. her household is gone. Women done gone into a mini-depression because her "family" is gone. Only save was from way back in July that would load. The game has started crashing randomly. You can play for 5 mins or 2 hours and when you try to save.. it says "save error 0" and can't save. Not buying another EA product until they get up off their slack butts and fix this prob. The game is a bug-fest. I play far less and I too lost a bunch of saves.. try to create a new save and it never shows up in the menu. But I did the "Save & Exit to Main screen" and saved to an existing save and it did over-write it and when i came back i had not lost my household like my GF. WHAT IN THE WORLD!? I got hundreds $$ in this game.. someone better help. Or I'm about to become a pretty active troller on your game reviews. Everyone needs to know this game is wasted money if its gonna start crashing and not saving when you put money into it. 

Message 77 of 88 (6,160 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @gators82577 @CAKESdaKID @brittonysue @t0ybuddha 

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing crashes, even after trying the previous suggestions.

I have a couple of requests in order for the team to properly track and investigate these.

- Can you file a post in the Bug Reports section, with as much information as you can provide? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
- Can you include a video of where you're seeing the problem? Instructions on how to send video are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, if you want you can contact EA Help in case they have other troubleshooting tips. - https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 78 of 88 (21,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have all the DLC for the Sims 4 on Xbox, I also have constant crashing issues, I thought i would wait a while to see if there has been a fix, there has not been! I do not get any error codes just any time i leave my lot to go to another it takes me to dashboard everytime, I can still save so long as i stay on my lot, i just cant leave, please fix this guys, its a lot of money to spend on a product we cant play, thanks

Message 79 of 88 (6,129 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo There's no way to take a pic of your game suddenly crashing to a black screen. As far as my case goes.. you play and save until BOOM.. black screen.
Message 80 of 88 (6,111 Views)