We released a game update on May 17th. Are you still encountering this issue after updating to the new patch?
Thank you very much!
June 2018 - last edited June 2018
Before the patch It would crash when I zoomed out - this has been fixed. After I bought the new packs (all packs installed atm) I built some more without going into live mode. I tried saving multiple times and about 1 out of 5 saves crashed me straight to dashboard. No error, no message, no nothing. After going through multiple loading screens (I mean - come on! Why is there no "game starts and brings you to the last played save automatically" function or option like in gta?) and playing as well as building a bit, I saved without problem. The next few went through and another one crashed. It's totally random and not confined to any game modes. I could save multiple times in a row without changing anything and the last (obviously) save will crash the game. I am using 5 slots and rotating them so I don't lose too much, but it has been a constant gamble to even save the game. These "straight to dashboard" crashes also happen during normal gameplay.
- the newest patch is installed
- I have reinstalled the game and all DLCs
- I am playing on a Xbox One X
- the temperature of the console is a bit warmer than body temperature and the ventilation is good (no issues playing 4 straight hours of Doom or Titanfall 2)
This seems to be an ongoing problem, so maybe there could be a few "quality of life" enhancements to make the inevitable reload faster and prevent larger loss of time and progress. I would suggest these features, as I don't seem to find any place to put feature requests specifically for console. feel free to move this to wherever someone reads this list:
- a "quick save" option directly at the top of the game menu which rotates a few quick save only slots (like 3 or so) automatically without needing to select your own. After saving it would automatically close the game menu.
- a configurable "auto save interval" in the option. This would obviously interrupt gameplay so you would have to turn it on manually and set your preferred interval in minutes
- a "load last played household automatically" option to enable in the game menu. This would bring you straight to the last household you played after logging your user in on the title screen. With this I don't mean the household preselected at the "manage world" screen, but the real loaded household in paused state and ready to set a game speed. When you had a crash, the load times wouldn't matter so much because you wouldn't have to be sitting in front of the console to press "A" and could get a coffee or tea to soothe your nerves instead. This option would reduce the normal "select account" - "load main menu" - "click resume" - "select household" - "click play" cycle to "select account on title screen and wait until you are playing your last save".
The Sims 4 could be a great title if the developers would just add a tolerance for errors or at least use the aforementioned methods to prevent huge progress losses. This is what frustrates most people and everyone - including me - is too lazy to save every 10 minutes because it is currently too unintuitive to rotate save slots.
Thank you for your time.
/edit: clarified the "load last save" option a bit more.
Hello. I have been playing the Sims for maybe a month straight after a long break. I downloaded nearly all DLC except for three small ones for the Sims 4.
I also made all houses and lots from scratch on Newcrest. As soon as I try to play the game, I crash every 10 minutes. I save constantly, but I crash during saves as well.
I really want to enjoy the game with the DLC without having to crash. It is a hassle to go through all the loading screens just to get back to my game only for it to inevitably crash again and again. I've never had anything this bad happen during my Sims 4 gameplay.
I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, but I still crash. I hope there will be an update to fix this. I barely can get anything done during my games. I spend more time reopening, loading, and saving more than I do playing the game.