Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during game play (Xbox One)

by gators82577

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 keeps crashing during game play (Xbox One)

★★★ Novice
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice but it still crashes. I have also tried checking if there is was an update - nothing. I have tried power cycling my Xbox and that doesn't work either. I have tried reading other threads that had to do with this issue and I've noticed many people are going through a similar situation as I am and it's been going on for a very long time over the consoles and I'm wondering why EA is not doing anything to fix this issue.

I have always been an avid Sims player from PC to Xbox and I really want to be able to play this game without it crashing every 3 minutes (and I am not exaggerating). When it first came out, it was sort of fine - it would only crash every so often but now it's getting to the point where I am barely able to play.

Someone please tell me that EA is working on fixing this issue and that maybe there will be an update for the game? Has anybody been able to resolve this issue on their own? I've been trying a "auto saving" technique that I've seen from YouTube videos where you just keep exiting out to manage world without saving and letting it autosave but there has to be a better way than that! Help!
Message 1 of 88 (23,340 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Sims Team

Hello @gators82577 @CAKESdaKID @brittonysue @t0ybuddha 

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing crashes, even after trying the previous suggestions.

I have a couple of requests in order for the team to properly track and investigate these.

- Can you file a post in the Bug Reports section, with as much information as you can provide? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
- Can you include a video of where you're seeing the problem? Instructions on how to send video are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, if you want you can contact EA Help in case they have other troubleshooting tips. - https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 78 of 88 (21,003 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@EA, why is no one responding to this from EA?
Message 2 of 88 (23,110 Views)

★ Apprentice
I keep getting the same issue, seemingly more often with San Myshimo residents. The game will load fine but once I am playing a household, there is no telling what or when the game will crash and be sent back to the dashboard. I’ve had it happening while trying to save a file, trying to leave the lot to visit a community lot, trying to change the outfit on the character creation screen, and even in the middle of gameplay. I have put over $100 into this game and it is completely unacceptable for the game to crash like it does.
Message 3 of 88 (22,990 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone,

We released a game update on May 17th. Are you still encountering this issue after updating to the new patch? 

Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 88 (22,963 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes, and bought the backyard stuff pack thinking that this issue had been fixed but it is still affecting gameplay
Message 5 of 88 (22,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Before the patch It would crash when I zoomed out - this has been fixed. After I bought the new packs (all packs installed atm) I built some more without going into live mode. I tried saving multiple times and about 1 out of 5 saves crashed me straight to dashboard. No error, no message, no nothing. After going through multiple loading screens (I mean - come on! Why is there no "game starts and brings you to the last played save automatically" function or option like in gta?) and playing as well as building a bit, I saved without problem. The next few went through and another one crashed. It's totally random and not confined to any game modes. I could save multiple times in a row without changing anything and the last (obviously) save will crash the game. I am using 5 slots and rotating them so I don't lose too much, but it has been a constant gamble to even save the game. These "straight to dashboard" crashes also happen during normal gameplay.

- the newest patch is installed

- I have reinstalled the game and all DLCs

- I am playing on a Xbox One X

- the temperature of the console is a bit warmer than body temperature and the ventilation is good (no issues playing 4 straight hours of Doom or Titanfall 2)

This seems to be an ongoing problem, so maybe there could be a few "quality of life" enhancements to make the inevitable reload faster and prevent larger loss of time and progress. I would suggest these features, as I don't seem to find any place to put feature requests specifically for console. feel free to move this to wherever someone reads this list:

- a "quick save" option directly at the top of the game menu which rotates a few quick save only slots (like 3 or so) automatically without needing to select your own. After saving it would automatically close the game menu.

- a configurable "auto save interval" in the option. This would obviously interrupt gameplay so you would have to turn it on manually and set your preferred interval in minutes

- a "load last played household automatically" option to enable in the game menu. This would bring you straight to the last household you played after logging your user in on the title screen. With this I don't mean the household preselected at the "manage world" screen, but the real loaded household in paused state and ready to set a game speed. When you had a crash, the load times wouldn't matter so much because you wouldn't have to be sitting in front of the console to press "A" and could get a coffee or tea to soothe your nerves instead. This option would reduce the normal "select account" - "load main menu" - "click resume" - "select household" - "click play" cycle to "select account on title screen and wait until you are playing your last save".

The Sims 4 could be a great title if the developers would just add a tolerance for errors or at least use the aforementioned methods to prevent huge progress losses. This is what frustrates most people and everyone - including me - is too lazy to save every 10 minutes because it is currently too unintuitive to rotate save slots.

Thank you for your time.

/edit: clarified the "load last save" option a bit more. 

Message 6 of 88 (22,857 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Just a quick update: I couldn't play 30 straight minutes without the game crashing and in a random "maybe it's a bad option" moment I turned off the usage sharing. Stable for about an hour and better performance, too. XBox One X. Maybe this is the reason.
Message 7 of 88 (22,809 Views)

★ Apprentice
This seems to be working for me so far: the household that would constantly crash in San Myshumo has been going strong through multiple saves and multiple community lot visits without crashing back to the Xbox one dashboard. I will update on a later day if the issue seems to come back to head.
Message 8 of 88 (22,780 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello. I have been playing the Sims for maybe a month straight after a long break. I downloaded nearly all DLC except for three small ones for the Sims 4.

I also made all houses and lots from scratch on Newcrest. As soon as I try to play the game, I crash every 10 minutes. I save constantly, but I crash during saves as well. 

I really want to enjoy the game with the DLC without having to crash. It is a hassle to go through all the loading screens just to get back to my game only for it to inevitably crash again and again. I've never had anything this bad happen during my Sims 4 gameplay. 

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, but I still crash. I hope there will be an update to fix this. I barely can get anything done during my games. I spend more time reopening, loading, and saving more than I do playing the game. 

Message 9 of 88 (22,551 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have stopped playing, too. It is currently like Russian roulette with saving my game. Sure, you can win and the save goes through, but do you risk saving and crashing? This is too unpredictable so I am waiting for an overdue patch to fix it. I bought the June DLCs and started creating a toddler room but it crashed too often when saving.
Message 10 of 88 (22,527 Views)