Re: Sims 4 Game Won’t Save

by ZombieBarbie22

Original Post

Sims 4 game won’t save ps4

★ Novice

Hi everyone! Short answer, my game will not save.

If I click on the options button on my PS4, click save, choose my game file to save to and it asks are you sure? I hit yes and it doesn’t do anything but take me back to the menu screen. But now I can’t click on anything and it appears frozen. However if I turn my controller off and back on again I gain back access to select things and can even go back to editing my build. 

When I go back to trying to save my game it says the last save I did was 2 days ago (when I originally saved) not the save I just attempted. So I save again and it just repeats what I have stated above over and over again.

Ive been building for 2 hours.. this is so much work going to be lost if I can’t find a fix, please help!

I have no CC since I’m playing on a PS4 and both my game system and my Sims 4 game are up to date.

Message 1 of 5 (7,169 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game won’t save ps4

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ZombieBarbie22 It sounds like your save is full and can't store anymore data, or you have 10 saves already in your save folder and there is no more room for saves. 

A thread is here that covers a couple issues that could affect your save size currently. Sims 4 Freezing/Random Crashing/Endless Loading 

If the above is not your issue, you will need to delete old saves or stuff from your save to make room for more data in your save file.

Message 2 of 5 (7,142 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Game Won’t Save

★ Novice

I’m having this same issue but on my PS4. It’s not actually frozen though. If I turn off my controller and back on again I regain access and can select things and even go back to building. But it won’t save. I have had this issues since Nov 25th and it’s very annoying. It’s pointless to play if I can’t save my progress.

Message 3 of 5 (7,132 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I am trying to save in a already used saved slot though. It’s the same game I’ve been playing for several months, not a new one. 

Message 4 of 5 (7,131 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@ZombieBarbie22 There's only so much room in a save for data. Your save may be full and you can not save any more data to it. Please see the post above for more info.
Message 5 of 5 (7,127 Views)