Sims 4 game Xbox failed to save

by Sierrah378

Original Post

Sims 4 game Xbox failed to save

★ Novice

I keep trying to save my Sims 4 game on my Xbox One and it constantly says, “game save fail error: 0” I tried deleting some things off of my Xbox to create extra room for sims 4 data, and I tried seeing if there was something wrong in the game settings but nothing is working. Can someone help me out?

Message 1 of 8 (2,696 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game Xbox failed to save

★ Novice

One of my saved games disappeared after i downloaded seasons yesterday. Im looking for some answers too.

Message 2 of 8 (2,605 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same code here... Just bought cats and dogs and seasons and game won't save. Seasons was a download, pets is a CD disk. Sometimes pets doesn't show up on main screen either. Also old saved games were deleted. What a mess and not so great present for the kids.

Message 3 of 8 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i have this exact same issue and it's genuinely upsetting me. I've tried everything I can think of. I dont want to have to start a new game because ive been playing HOURS with this household and i'm genuinely attached.  

Message 4 of 8 (2,472 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Sierrah378 Please power cycle you console 

Restart your console
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.

2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Restart console.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.

Note If you're unable to access the guide or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button  on the console again to restart.

Physically power cycle the console
  1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
The Xbox button on the front of the console is highlighted.
  1. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xboxbutton  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.
    Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Disconnect and reconnect your console's power cable
  1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xboxbutton  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 5 of 8 (2,460 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to me now after downloading new packs, and the solution here hasn’t solved it. I also get a black and white llama picture above a house in manage worlds - and the house is always gone. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,300 Views)

★ Guide

I had the same problem. It started after trying to add too many photos to the wall of the house.  (My sim was a freelance Fashion Photographer.)  When I went to place the 250th photo (I think), a message popped up that said something like 'you have placed too many custom objects.  Please remove one or more.'  The message had an okay button but clicking it did nothing so I was forced with powering down my console since nothing else worked.  

After that, I saw the white flying lamacorns over my houses in the world map and saving began to give the above mentioned error.  I tried creating a new game and went to save it and got the same result.  So, I deleted all saved games and started over again to no avail.

My only recourse was to uninstall all of my extras for Sims 4 and try saving from the base game.  That solved the issue for now.  I'm currently reinstalling all of my addons but hope the problem has doesn't return.

I know this response is nearly a year after your post but hope that it will help someone.  If you've found another solution, please share it.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8 (2,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay, so got most of my extras reinstalled but the problem came back with one of them.  I'm not sure how to solve this but there has to be a way.

EDIT: After uninstalling the base game and all extras, I reinstalled and have not had the issue since. 

Message 8 of 8 (2,170 Views)