Re: Sims 4 crashing issues on ps4

by Reddmoet96

Original Post

EA Sims Team

@Poca100

One more question: Does this issue still occur when you create a brand new game?  (Just make sure not to manually overwrite your existing saves)

To send save files, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

In the meantime, we'll try to reproduce the issue, but your save files may be very helpful to us.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 61 of 109 (2,082 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a similar problem. Mine crashes everytime I try to save and no my save file is not corrupted. It doesn't matter if I've been playing for an hour or 5-10 minutes. It's been happening everytime I try to save for the past 12 hours.

Message 62 of 109 (1,934 Views)

★★★ Novice
As one idea try checking to see if your sims game needs to be updated because after I received my last update it seems to work a lot better.
I think with mine it may have been a glitch in the menu area.
Good luck
Message 63 of 109 (1,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

No update needed. I moved the save file from my external hard drive to the internal one. The solution worked for about 4 hours. It then crashed again when I started it back up later on and tried to save. I might need to uninstall and reinstall as a last resort.

Message 64 of 109 (1,895 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Just a shot in the dark but me and then another person here had the same problem. The crashing when saving almost ceased when we turned off the "send usage reports" checkbox in the game settings. Maybe it's worth a shot!
Message 65 of 109 (1,890 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The uninstall and reinstall worked but I'll keep that box uncheck solution in mind if it happens too many times again, thank you.

Message 66 of 109 (1,870 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Apparently the issue is still on going. What EA needs to do is allow us to save our creations to The Sims Official Website as part of the Community, then at least then, the issue regarding this crash can be avoided. The actual issue is pertained to My Library and Save Game Files. It fills up quickly on both and along with the recent very buggy updates, the game simply can not keep up with the system and it crashes as a result. Reinstalling the game works but do we all want to constantly do that?

Message 67 of 109 (1,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having issues too with my game since yesterday - I downloaded the cool kitchen stuff pack, problems started a few hours after. Also have cats and dogs, no more add ons. Checked the fan of my PS4 - no excessive amount of dust there. There is still 400 gb or free space on my internal drive. If my sims just get stuck the resetsim option fixes tbat. The game also completely freezes while playing at random. The only thing I can do then is press the home button and close the application. Already re-inatalled the game and added my backed up save game, only the one I am currently playing with. Deleted loads of things from my library - only one household, 6 lots and no rooms left. 

Version installed: 

BASE: 1.10.33.4400 (64 Bit)

FP01: 1.assets.live-fp01.52

SPO3: 1.assets.live-sp03.50

EPO4: 1.assets.live-ep04.15

Please help!!!

Edit: the freezing of the entire game seems to occur more when I use the speed up time options.

Message 68 of 109 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are u still having the same issues I’m re installing mine now 

Message 69 of 109 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, my sims game has been doing this for ages but didn’t think to look into it until now, thought it was my PS4 itself. Just wondering did you update it?? If so did it fix the problem?? It’s really annoying me that I can’t play the game properly without it crashing. I haven’t been overloading the game either as I currently only have 1 family on there that I have just started with. 

Message 70 of 109 (1,437 Views)