Re: Sims 4 constant freezing on PS4

by SimGuruKuxiku

Original Post

Sims 4 constant freezing on PS4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect patio City living Vampires Vintage glamour Cats and dogs Parenthood Toddler Get to work Jungle adventure Seasons Strangerville Island living Get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Game completely freezes
What do you expect to see? Nothing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect patio City living Vampires Vintage glamour Cats and dogs Parenthood Toddler Get to work Jungle adventure Seasons Strangerville Island living Get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, I load up the game then it just randomly freezes through out gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game completely freezes. I can't do anything until the game crashes or unfreezes.
What do you expect to see? Frozen screen...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 7 (7,843 Views)

Hero
@MadameJanq Moving this over to tech so someone can you help troubleshoot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (7,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Edited to share steps for PlayStation 4.

Hi @MadameJanq,

There are a few steps to go through that might help here. Let's start with restarting the console and then turning it back on. 

Make sure your game software is up to date:

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.

Make sure your PS4's system software has the most recent update(link):

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

Clear your PS4's cache:

To do this, please:

1. Turn off your PlayStation 4. Do not enter Rest Mode.
  2. Once the indicator light on top of your PlayStation 4 is off and has stopped blinking, unplug the power cord from the back of your console.
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into your PlayStation 4 and turn it on.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 7 (7,771 Views)

★★ Novice

Would this work the same way for the playstation?

Message 4 of 7 (7,763 Views)

Community Manager
Oh my goodness. Where is my head today? :L I'll edit my original post to have the steps for Playstation ^^ Apologies @MadameJanq,

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 7 (7,756 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried these steps. Both the game and the ps4 are fully up to date. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I also added on more packs since they were on sale, so I have all the packs except for Moshinco (sp?) and luxury stuff. So once I deleted and reinstalled the game, things seem to have worked better. But when I loaded it yesterday it kept freezing. It took me 15 mins to get into my game and have the playstation unfreeze long enough for me to turn it off. When I turned it on today, I received an error report then I received an error message saying my extended needs to be repaired. I cannot stress enough that this doesn't happen with any of my other games. All of this started after the most recent update that added Stories in CAS. 

Message 6 of 7 (7,696 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @MadameJanq!!!

Do you still see this issue happening in your game?
If yes, did you Set the PlayStation 4 as your primary console?

Also, if you still see this happening, would you mind sharing your save file with us so we can take a closer look at it? This would help us a lot to understand what's actually happening in your game when those freezes happen.

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share files with our team.

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (7,296 Views)