Sims 4 Xbox one won’t load and boots me back to home screen

by ShayeLS8

Original Post

Sims 4 Xbox one won’t load and boots me back to home screen

★★ Novice

About 3 hours ago my sims 4 on Xbox one literally just stopped working! I was playing and I was travelling to the vet clinic when it kicked me back to home screen and since then I haven’t been able to load in at all it gets about 3/4 of the way through the load bar then Kicks me back to home screen 🙄 I have tried clearing the Mac, hard reset and even uninstalled the game plus the dlcs and reinstalled and still isn’t working 😫 it’s annoying when you’ve spent so much money on something you can’t even play 🙄

Message 1 of 7 (11,280 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox one won’t load and boots me back to home screen

Hero (Retired)

@ShayeLS8  That is frustrating. You've already done all the troubleshooting steps 

There have been many console users complaining about crashing during travel, entering/exiting CAS and build mode. It's mostly been PS4 users. 

Are these the same crashes you are experiencing?

Message 2 of 7 (11,225 Views)

★★ Novice

It first did it while I was trying to travel to the vet clinic and since then it just hasn’t let me load into it at all! Frown 

Message 3 of 7 (11,202 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShayeLS8  Do you have a back up save synced to the cloud? You may want to delete your local save, reboot your console and then resync your save from the cloud.

1. On Home, select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
    • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
    • Cancel leaves your data intact.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

Message 4 of 7 (11,186 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I’ll give this ago tomorrow as today my game still isn’t loading 😭 will let you know how I go. I’ve had some people tell me it could be a faulty dlc not too sure what that is suppose to mean but how would I go about it if it is a faulty dlc?

Message 5 of 7 (11,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did it work?

Message 6 of 7 (9,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@kaelynworld This is an older post for an older problem. Recently there was a new issue that had to do with the internet being connected, and disconnecting the internet fixed the load issue. The thread is here Game Stuck on Load Screen.

Please make sure your console and game are updated, and please create a new post if this issue continues.

Message 7 of 7 (9,264 Views)