Sims 4 Xbox one Paint mode for pets in create a sim

by FearlessLA1

Original Post

Sims 4 Xbox one Paint mode for pets in create a sim

★★★★★ Novice

Hello.. so I’m trying to use the paint mode to edit a pet in create a sim, but every time I click paint the sims 4 game closes out on my Xbox. I have a Xbox in two different rooms. One is older and the other is the newer version and it closes out when I try this on both of them! Please fix this!! Thanks 

Message 1 of 6 (619 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox one Paint mode for pets in create a sim

★★★★★ Novice
@FearlessLA1 When I click other stuff in create a sim, the game is fine, but now every time I click “paint” the game closes!
Message 2 of 6 (612 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @FearlessLA1,

Are you seeing a specific error message or error code when this happens? 

Do you see crashing or even lagging in any other areas of the game, like entering or exiting build mode, or saving your game?

solaire.png

Message 3 of 6 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire No, there’s no error message or anything that pops up. It just closes out of nowhere and goes to the Home Screen of my Xbox.

I know the sync data usually lags when first getting on. Sometimes saving might lag. I just tried entering and exiting build mode and didn’t really notice anything with that. Sometimes when trying to visit somewhere especially when accepting an invitation to go somewhere, it will lag a lot or even close out.

I have been trying for days to finish two different pets in paint mode (create a sim), but that option makes the game close out instantly now. This morning I was able to do a few things with the paint mode and hurry up and save then it closed out, but now every time I click paint mode, the game automatically closes. I tried clicking every other tab and it doesn’t close the game, just that paint tab for some reason.. if I could and knew how I would upload a video on here to show this paint mode happening
Message 4 of 6 (588 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire So I just tried something… I pressed the add pet option in create a sim and it added a random cat.. I pressed paint and it works!! So I place my pet I had saved and tried to click paint mode so I can finish him, but soon as I clicked paint mode that pet I have saved closes the game out. I tried another saved pet I been trying to use paint mode on and he closes the game out too.. but a new added pet isn’t closing the game when I press paint mode.. I’m so confused by this! Why won’t my saved pets work?? So I have to restart them over again,. I’m so sad!
Message 5 of 6 (579 Views)

Community Manager

@FearlessLA1 

So sorry for the delayed reply on this! If you're still experiencing this issue, please post in the current open bug report being tracked here

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (481 Views)