Sims 4 Ps4 bugs and glitches

by Byty5

Original Post

Sims 4 Ps4 bugs and glitches

★★★ Novice
There is alot of stuttering in both build mode and live mode for example not smooth to go to the sink with out a small amount of time the game stops for no reason.
Actions from the characters take alot of time to actually do something.
Message 1 of 21 (30,578 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Ps4 bugs and glitches

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if these are a bug, glitch or a feature that wasn't added to the console version of the game. 

I am playing on the PS4 with the Deluxe Edition Retail Version

1. Unable to sell stacks of items from my personal inventory. Makes me sell them one at a time.

2. I bought 3 MY SIMS figures from the flea market. They appear in both my personal inventory and my household inventory. If I try to place them from the household inventory I receive the message " Script call failed", but I can place them just fine from my personal inventory.

3. Many customization items seem to be missing from the Vampire pack. Some items that do not appear in the game anywhere that I can find are the vampire teeth options, the facial skin options from the creases to the cracked skin, and some of the makeup options. (If I remember correctly I was able to use these in creation mode on PC)

4. Game seems to crash occasionally while browsing the main menu tips or DLC options. 

Message 2 of 21 (30,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just a quick question. Do you guys keep your ps4 in sleepy time mode or turn it off?  If you do keep it in sleep mode try giving it a restart. Game cache seems to easily get "clogged" on the ps4 and simply restarting it sometimes does wonders for games.

Can confirm that selling stacks doesn't work.. or if it does the controls are well hidden. I successfully sold a stack of spinach once but I have never been able to replicate it. As far as I know I was holding the right trigger and pressed Y / Triangle. The dialogue box stated something like "would you like to sell all in stack."  I then tried it on a stack of roses but it didn't work. Since then, whenever I try to sell stuff in my inventory I've tried every combo I can holding that darn trigger. Doesn't work. Tongue out

Haven't tried dragging items to the fridge. I can drag them out though. I'll check that out.

[edit:] Works for me on xbox. Tap X / Square to grab out of inventory then hover over fridge and tap A / X.  (click on fridge to get open option then check fridge to make sure it's in there.) Hope that works for you.

The vampire pack face items aren't in the edit face features but under the top face tab itself. (where you normally chose face shape and skin color.)  If they aren't there then I'm sorry to say I have no idea what the problem is.

Message 3 of 21 (30,341 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@vyvexthorne wrote:

Just a quick question. Do you guys keep your ps4 in sleepy time mode or turn it off?  If you do keep it in sleep mode try giving it a restart. Game cache seems to easily get "clogged" on the ps4 and simply restarting it sometimes does wonders for games.

Can confirm that selling stacks doesn't work.. or if it does the controls are well hidden. I successfully sold a stack of spinach once but I have never been able to replicate it. As far as I know I was holding the right trigger and pressed Y / Triangle. The dialogue box stated something like "would you like to sell all in stack."  I then tried it on a stack of roses but it didn't work. Since then, whenever I try to sell stuff in my inventory I've tried every combo I can holding that darn trigger. Doesn't work. Tongue out

Haven't tried dragging items to the fridge. I can drag them out though. I'll check that out.

[edit:] Works for me on xbox. Tap X / Square to grab out of inventory then hover over fridge and tap A / X.  (click on fridge to get open option then check fridge to make sure it's in there.) Hope that works for you.

The vampire pack face items aren't in the edit face features but under the top face tab itself. (where you normally chose face shape and skin color.)  If they aren't there then I'm sorry to say I have no idea what the problem is.

Don't know what sleepy mode as you call it has anything to do with my issues, but I clear my cache on a daily basis.

Thanks for the info on the dragging items to the fridge. It works for me now!

@The Vampire face features are not in any of the tabs having to do with the face including the one you mentioned. I play the Sims 4 on PC also and I know where to look for content. As I said these items are missing from my game and I am not sure if its a PS4 issue, a DLC issue or another type of issue altogether. If @EA would look into this then maybe I can get an answer as to where the DLC that I paid money for is at. 

Message 4 of 21 (30,317 Views)

★★ Guide

Your PS4 has a sleepmode option. I don't use it. I cut mine completely off.

A bug I've encountered is the game tells me one or more packs might have been removed and some cas items have been removed. I've noticed this is now also happening on the pc version so it was carried over to the console. 

Also if you try to place something from a room in buymode to your house eg computer chair you can't drop it in. Your taken to a list of computer chairs to pick from.

Message 5 of 21 (30,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie
To sell all items in a stack: Press X&A at the same time!!!
Message 6 of 21 (30,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I’ve had a similar problem. The first time this happened, a simple restart sorted it, but today I’ve restarted 3+ times and it’s still coming up with, “Items removed”. It says it may not be installed on my PS4, or I don’t own the content... Also, 8 build mode items have been removed. I’ve recently moved into a new lot, so I can’t see what’s been removed apart from items of clothing on my Sims... I don’t want this messing up my game if i carry on playing & save it etc.
Message 7 of 21 (29,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has anyone had a issue we're the camera takes off on it's own? I have also had the game disconnect my PS4 remote multiple time. Has anyone else had this issue as well.
Message 8 of 21 (28,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've had a lot of problems in this game since the day I installed it. I made a thread about it, hopefully EA will start fixing these problems! 

Message 9 of 21 (28,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The main problem I’ve had has been with purchasing items from the flea market. Specifically trophies and crystals. They show up in my household inventory instead of my personal inv. I try placing in my house and they just disappear. Not sold. It won’t even let me sell it. I don’t have any mods or custom content either.

Glitches like the skill pop up and career pop up in the bottom left hand of love mode will just randomly pop up and act like I’ve selected it and I can barely save it to restart when that happens. Anyone else?
Message 10 of 21 (28,471 Views)