Re: Sims 4 Ps4 Glitching Issue

by Lecrone

Original Post

Sims 4 Ps4 Glitching Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So I've been playing this game for a while now, but just now my controls have become seriously messed up. 

First the game started glitching out whenever I entered Build and Buy mode from the household I play. I can build fine and buy things, place things, but most of the time when I press the live mode button, the game will open the My Library menu instead. This is really annoying but it hasn't been stopping. 

But my biggest problem is now the cursor keeps getting stuck in both the lower bar and on the screen at the same time, so either the needs or career or relationship menu will be open but I'm still moving the cursor around and selecting things. I can't close the bars, and whenever I use the cursor it selects things in both the world and the bars at the same time, with no way out except to close the application. Somehow I've been able to save my game while the controls are doing this, and when I load the file back up, it just starts doing it again. My game is basically unplayable.

It also is messing up the Manage Worlds screen now! When I tried to build on my house from the manage worlds menu, it glitched out and wouldn't let me select any items or build objects at all. Every time I open the Buy Objects menu, when I move the cursor over it, it glitches and resets my cursor somewhere else. I have found no way to fix any of these issues and now I can't play without this happening. Please let me know what I can do!  

Message 1 of 10 (3,944 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same issue. It prevents me from saving or doing anything. Loads of screens come up and overlap each other and I can cancel the screens or do anything. I have to close the application and and play again. It happens frequently
Message 2 of 10 (3,862 Views)

★ Guide

The same thing with mine. I'm worried I won't be able to play at all until this gets fixed....

Message 3 of 10 (3,855 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’ve only had the game since Xmas and this issue os absolutely driving me insane. It’s impossible to play. Why release the game before it’s ready?? >Frown It’s not as though they’re cheap. I’m considering asking for a refund.
Message 4 of 10 (3,733 Views)

★ Guide

I did find a fix to the My Library menu opening. Turns out it was my fault! I was just holding the button for too long selecting Live Mode....haha oops Disappointed

Message 5 of 10 (3,724 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

When this happens, best fix in LIVE mode is to mouse over needs and click it when it is highlighted because it is stuck in both menu and cursor mode, open and hit the big touch pad button or cancel button a repeat if it isn't fixed.  This happens to me when traveling sometimes and breaks the game.  Frown 

Message 6 of 10 (3,693 Views)

★ Guide

Lecrone, thank you so much for that info! Large smile I will be trying that if it happens again! 

Message 7 of 10 (3,680 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m having this issue. How do I fix it? There’s hardly anything being reported about it at the moment, as if everyone has found a fix but me...?
Message 8 of 10 (3,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there!

Is anyone still experiencing this issue after last patch?

Thank you very much! 

Message 9 of 10 (2,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine still glitches a * ton

Message 10 of 10 (2,432 Views)