Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

by jrgodwin1993

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

★★★★★ Novice
So, my Sim has been gardening and when I went to sell his harvestables I couldn’t figure out how to sell them stacks at a time. The game is making me sell them one at a time. I’ve tried every button and thoroughly looked at the controls screen. Am I missing something or is this simply not a feature in the console game?
Message 1 of 18 (42,776 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

As @peachy333333 was explaining, while having the stack selected in the inventory, if you press square and triangle at the same time (PS4) or X and Y at the same time (Xbox) you will get a dialogue asking you if you want to sell the stack.

If you have issues to press 'Ok' in that dialogue, press B (Xbox) or circle (PS4) and then try to press 'Ok' again.

@jrgodwin1993, will have to try your method!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 11 of 18 (45,994 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FAQ] The Sims 4 on consoles [updated]

Champion

This question is for Sims 4 Console on Xbox One! Is there a way or am I missing something, to sell your items from your inventory in a stack? When I collect 80 garden items I have to sell them one at a time and that's a lot of clicking! 

BreeMiles, I don't work for EA. I'm a volunteer through ccp

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 18 (42,668 Views)

★★★ Guide

Also noticed this. I actually got it to work once somehow where I could sell an entire stack of spinach. As far as I can tell I was holding down the right trigger and I pressed Y.  I have no idea why it worked only that one time though. All other attempts at replicating that one success have failed.

Message 3 of 18 (42,632 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I too am having this problem and I actually called EA about it. According to the guy I talked too he didn't have any information about a control option to sell a whole stack just one by one using triangle. He didn't know if the feature is a bug or if it just wasn't added due to limited control options. He advised me to post here to the forums in hopes someone more knowledgeable may have the answer or at least become aware of the problem to add to a possible bug fix list. So unfortunately at this time we have to go through the painstaking process of selling items one at a time. Frown I'd I would have known about this before I wouldn't have chosen the gardening or collectible career.
Message 4 of 18 (42,613 Views)

Re: [FAQ] The Sims 4 on consoles [updated]

Champion

According to SimGuruNick, they are aware of the problem and it is being worked on! Here is a tweet I got from him over on twitter! 

@SimGuruNickThis is a known issue that we're looking into, thanks much for the report!

BreeMiles, I don't work for EA. I'm a volunteer through ccp

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 18 (42,603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have been having trouble selling stacks. I contacted EA help, but sadly with no luck he just gave me a link to the manual.

I know there is a feature to sell stacks as I did this by mistake. the closest why I worked out to sell stack was to hit square on a stacked item and drag but don't place on floor. then circle out of that option then hit triangle the message will now say do you want to sell all item in a stack. that fine great. but I know can not get the option to sell a single item.

I hope this gets sorted out quick. or if I am missing anything obvious please help me out than you.

Message 6 of 18 (42,511 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I had the same thing happen to me, except I can’t remember what I pressed to sell the stack. And it only happened that one time! So annoying 😩 I had to quit gardening for now because I have like 500 mushrooms 😑
Message 7 of 18 (42,502 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So, I think I’ve discovered something. I was playing around with the controls a bit (btw I have a PS4) and I was able to sell three stacks of vegetables. I opened my inventory, pressed square to pick the stack up, pressed O to deselect the stack, then pressed R2 to open the stack. From there I pressed triangle to sell and the dialogue box that popped up asked if I wanted to sell all items from this stack. Very strange but it worked three times. Hope it works for you on Xbox! Let me know if it does.
Message 8 of 18 (42,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

Has anyone figured a way to sell stacks yet? Haven't managed to figure it out yet....

(tried what you said jrgodwin but couldn't get that popup to work...)

Message 9 of 18 (42,446 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok solved it myself - press triangle and square at the same time!

Message 10 of 18 (42,442 Views)