Re: Sims 4 Issues-Lagging, loading, and freezing

by Dreamscape1991

Original Post

Sims 4 Issues-Lagging, loading, and freezing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I dont know what is going on but that last update really messed my sims 4 up bad. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and all the packs and accessories packs i own and then readded them, made sure the details of the game were not to high/they are at the recommended setting on everything including amount of sims in play, ive also cleared my ps4s cache with a power cycle: off until lights stop flashing and then unplugging it for over 30 seconds and then plugging back in and turning back on, ive done all i can. If they dont fix it i am not buying the werewolves pack or anything else from them. I dont know what else to do to get the game to work correctly and feel majorly ripped off with all ive spent on it. It freezes, it lags so slow its like a fly caught in syrup concerning using the cursor at times, i have it off the internet unless i update it as in i disabled the online stuff outside of that in . It seemed to go down hill with the latest update and is still the same after a full uninstall and reinstall. What can they do to fix this? My ps4 is up to date on all of its software as is my sims 4. None of my other games give me this much trouble. I have been a loyal sims lover since 2007 but i may be calling it quits if they do not fix this. Very disappointing. 1 star rating in ps4 store until fixed. Any other advice or tips on what to do to repair its performance that i havent already done above? It does this 98% of the time now. I regularly have to save every 5-10 mins of play and hope that it rights itself. And when it doesnt i have to restart it over and over. At this point i fear sims 4 will do harm to my system

Message 1 of 11 (692 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Dreamscape1991 How old is your save and how many packs do you own also do you have a ps4 regular or a ps4 pro.

Message 2 of 11 (644 Views)

★★ Novice

I own a ps4 pro, ive uninstalled and reinstalled everything yesterday and cleared ps4 cache for a 3rd time. I own the sims 4 vampires, journey to batuu, cottage living, dogs and cats, realm of magic, seasons, laundry day pack, island living, get to work, discover university, jungle adventure, luxury party, spooky stuff, vintage glamour, moschino, and free holiday stuff. 

Message 3 of 11 (632 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Dreamscape1991 Have you tried starting a new save.

Message 4 of 11 (625 Views)

★★ Novice
@Rachelharris31 Yep i did that awhile back. Should i try it again? Thats a bit frustrating though to keep doing that. I build my homes from the ground up and bulldoze the others. And i personalize the towns also
Message 5 of 11 (616 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Dreamscape1991 How big are your homes and how many items do you place in your homes because bigger builds with loads of items contribute to lag dont delete your save just make a new one to test if the lag and freezing is still there.

Message 6 of 11 (614 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahh okay i understand, i can try that but ive lost my patience with this whole game. Ive done alot to fix it on my end and im where im about to abandon it altogether. I wish i could get a refund for it. I never go overboard with builds. Their usually no bigger than a 3 bedroom. Or ill use the homes already in the towns and just clear them out and replace old furniture with better furniture is about it. I could do so much more until may got here and those couple of updates. Now i cant do anything without freezing or lagging. Ive had to stop building altogether and just play my pre existing Sims. Even in create a sim mode it lags

Message 7 of 11 (603 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Dreamscape1991 Honestly i know how you feel im a console and pc player i cant have a big house or a save thats more then a year old because if i do it lags and freezes but on pc its fine.

Message 8 of 11 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

Right i used to play it on pc years ago. Ive had my ps4 for 2 and 1/2 years now. I can play detailed games like skyrim and assassins creed and others but not sims 4? What the what? 😆 I hope they get it together because i want to buy werewolves but i dont want to be disappointed anymore and im not getting it until they fix these issues. No one wants to pay lots of money on a game that doesn't work as advertised. And across the internet it seems lots of people are having problems like this with sims on consoles. Once its fixed ill pick back up playing it. I even have an external memory drive attached ive got alot of internal and external memory on my ps4. Its not a space usage problem either. 

Message 9 of 11 (595 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Dreamscape1991 There has been problem with lag for years on console i doubt it will ever get fixed the game runs better next gen consoles so if you want the werewolf pack you would be better geting it for ps5 i know its probably not what you wanted to do but its the only way to play this game really its crap i would of stuck with my xbox one but the lag was unbearable.

Message 10 of 11 (584 Views)