Re: Sims 4 Expansion Content Won't Download (PS4)

by samurai_manny

Original Post

Sims 4 Expansion Content Won't Download (PS4)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought an expansion bundle for Sims 4 on the PS4 yesterday, and I redeemed the code this morning. However, the content isn't showing up in game and in the library it says waiting to install. What do I do? I'm at my wits end.

Message 1 of 4 (8,661 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@NikiWest95 Sometimes, content that was purchased does not download and install automatically. In those cases, the download needs to be triggered manually. To do this go to the PS Store on your console and look for the item you want to install (e.g. DLC). Once you have located the content, click the button Download.
If the button displays a price instead of a download option, the item is not detected as purchased. If the item was purchased or should be included in your season pass, please contact PLAYSTATION SUPPORT.

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 2 of 4 (8,624 Views)

★ Novice

Apparently the base game and the voucher I used have different origins. PlayStation told me to contact Amazon, I may have to get a new disc.

Will my saves be transferred to the new disc? I already have over a week of gameplay on this disc, and I would hate to lose all that progress.

Message 3 of 4 (8,608 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@NikiWest95 It should keep the save because you changing the disk but read the following thread that can help a little bit if you want to do an extra save for you game https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_system.html

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 4 of 4 (8,581 Views)