Betreff: Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0 On PS4?

by Cuddlefish_Kiss

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0 On PS4?

★★★ Novice
This post is a bit old but I also had this problem and wanted to share what I found about it. All of you who are experiencing it, and then delete and reinstall your game aren't fixing the problem. Error code CE-34878-0 isn't a Sims 4 error it is a PS4 error. From what I was told this error code means that you have corrupt data on your playstation which is caused by downloading games, game patches, and system patches using a wifi connection. To fix this problem on my playstation I had to back up my save games on a usb thumb drive, then put my playstation through the longer initialization which wipes all data off your playstation and puts the system software back on. After this do not reconnect to wifi, but use a lan cord and connect to the Internet that way. Now put your games back on and it will download latest patches. After I did it this way I have not gotten that error again, and I was getting it every 5 to 10 minutes in the sims prior to this fix. I did get several people telling me to delete my save games (I backed them up first, this 'fix' didn't work) or that it meant I needed a new ps4 (yeah right!). Hope this helps someone.
Message 21 of 35 (2,477 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, I use a Lan connection and have the Playstation also initalisiert and even Sims started over. After a few days the error code came again. And this code only comes with Sims. Even if I load my Sims memory on my second Playstation, the error code also comes with this Playstation. So a defect on both Playstation, is probably very unlikely. Frown
Message 22 of 35 (2,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello again.

If anyone is still encountering this issue and have already followed the instructions on one of my earlier posts, my team would like to take a look at your save files, if you're willing to share them with me.

Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

EDIT: Tagging some recent responders on this thread for visibility.

@sunshineelisee

@Player_llk9hb4n

@Pacfire-2058

@x_Secret_Hope_x

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 35 (2,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

* EA 

I LOVED THE SIMS SINCE THE ORIGINAL SIM CITY.

I just built a house that took me apx 30 hours. PlayStation 4 Sims 4

NOW IT WONT LET ME SAVE.

SO SICK OF THEIR GAMES NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE THEMSELVES!!!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Message 24 of 35 (2,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

* EA

Message 25 of 35 (2,253 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Cuddlefish_Kiss

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the game. 

As SimQaRobo pointed out, we would like to take a look at your save files, if you're willing to share them with us.

Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much. 

Message 26 of 35 (2,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get this error every time I attempt to place a door. 

Message 27 of 35 (2,011 Views)

★★ Novice

A mi me pasa lo mismo desde ayer, al construir una casa nueva cuando pongo una puerta o la segunda se me cuelga el juego con ese error, lo probe en distintas cuentas y consolas sigue el problema en todas ellas, es un fallo del juego deberian de arreglar 

Message 28 of 35 (1,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I also started having same error CE-34878-0 last week after the new updates. Sims 4 crashes every time at some point when building (placing a new door or window makes it crash). I am unable to play the game. I can only build for a very short while and the game just crashes with the same error when placing a door or window. I don't have this error with any other games. Yesterday I even bought the non-disc version and expansion pack from the ps store and they give the same error. My PS 4 and Sims 4 have the newest updates and i suspect that the new updates made this problem. 

Please help.

Message 29 of 35 (1,955 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Joel332211 There's a patch out today to fix this problem
Message 30 of 35 (1,942 Views)