Re: Sims 4 Anyone else’s game crashing after latest update? (PS4)

by Massacre-Redrum

Original Post

Sims 4 Anyone else’s game crashing after latest update? (PS4)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After the latest update, I’ve still been experiencing crashing... if I edit a house I’ve downloaded from the gallery, the game will crash. Anyone else? 

Message 1 of 19 (2,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My game crashes when I try to travel now. I'm not sure why, and uncertain how to fix it. I took my sims on Vacation and when I try to "Explore Woods" or "Travel" I crash. I took my sims 4 folder out of my Electronic Arts folder and started a new game. Didn't have a problem traveling after that, however putting my sims 4 folder back into it seemed to cause the same crash. I don't know if this is a known issue and I'm not sure if I have to restart a new game.

Message 2 of 19 (2,502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Amauna_Marie Whenever I edit a lot, do a lot of traveling, etc, it results in an error code. It’s unfortunate that the latest patch didn’t help me. I downloaded these custom paintings from the gallery... I wonder if that’s causing the constant error codes.
Message 3 of 19 (2,477 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Massacre-Redrum Mine crashes when travelling. Only updated the game today so haven’t noticed any crashing when doing other things yet!
Message 4 of 19 (2,459 Views)

★★ Novice
@Amauna_Marie this is happening to me too! I've tried repairing my game through origin, deleting some CC (I don't even have much CC), and I also read that there might be issues if non-household members are on vacation with your sim trying to explore the woods/travel to other lots. And yet, my game still crashes.
Message 5 of 19 (2,400 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Massacre-Redrum I'm also having this problem, it happened right after I moved my household. After the 1.31 update I was able to play for a whole day with no issues. Then I guess I got cocky and moved my household. Ever since my game keeps crashing every time I save. I tried to travel once and that was a bust and I tried to do a gathering or plan an event and it crashed in the middle with no warning. Frown
Message 6 of 19 (2,327 Views)

★ Novice

This is also happening to me on Xbox. I guess I won’t be exploring the woods for now.

Message 7 of 19 (2,312 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Massacre-Redrum I crash when doing nothing 😭I’m on Xbox
Message 8 of 19 (2,246 Views)

★ Guide

Yup! I play on Xbox and ever since yesterday (9/17) my game crashes every time I try to have my sim who is in granite falls on vacay travel. It was working fine just two days ago.

Message 9 of 19 (2,229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Amauna_Marie I have the exact same issue. Frown
Message 10 of 19 (2,192 Views)