Sims 4 Achievements not unlocking Xbox One

by AnaKisTx

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Achievements not unlocking Xbox One

★★ Novice

Hi 

It’s still not unlocking achievements and it was before. I’m not using cheats so what gives, it’s a joke the amount of people with this is issue and years later it’s still an issue- so much time wasted and it’s not even working 

I’m still awaiting achievements for: 

My, You’ve changed 

Straight for the jocular 

The most interesting sim in the world 

Message 21 of 28 (2,342 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • I just got this game and I have had a sim awake for 3 days and still will not get the all nighter achievement
Message 22 of 28 (2,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have loaded saved game numerous times over the last few months and STILL have not gotten a few achievements. One of them being the legacy challenge. My household is at 13th generation and still have not gotten that achievement for the 10th generation 

Message 23 of 28 (2,097 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also not unlocking achievements. I've never used cheat codes.  I have maxed out skills and have gotten nothing. What's going on? 

Message 24 of 28 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. 

It's been going on for months and I've actually stopped playing because of it. 

If you get it resolved please let me know 

Message 25 of 28 (1,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ended up here because I too had about 8 acheivements that for whatever reason did not register and after trying a few of the suggestions, this is what worked for me.

1. Save whatever you're doing.  (I don't believe it needs to be a new save file.)

2. Don't just shut off your console using your controller and turning it back on.  You must reboot your console which means holding your finger over the power "button" on your console for 10 (maybe 15?  I can't recall exactly how many are required) seconds.  Once it completely powers down, turn it back on.  You'll know if you get the green XBOX start up screen instead of straight to the dashboard.

3. Return to the game.

Almost immediately, the acheivements started registering one after the other once I did this.  I suspect when you don't do this from time to time, and I am not technically savvy 

whatsoever so don't quote me on this, that it's losing the connection somewhere to EA's live service (which explains why Microsoft kept saying it was on EA's end to the people who contacted them).  I noticed that it *had* been giving me a message that was telling me that I needed to log in but I had been kind of ignoring it because I was already in my Xbox account and I couldn't figure out what I wasn't connected to since I was clearly online.  I suspect that was a clue to why it wasn't registering the acheivements.  

Anyhow, I hope this works for those of you who stumble upon this post.

Message 26 of 28 (1,646 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PrimaD tried this - didn't work for me - I checked X-box and last sims achievements i got was in april 2022.
Message 27 of 28 (722 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GreenPlumbob26 Please check the Bug Forum (you can search at the top for the specific achievement you aren't unlocking) for your issue. Several reports and workarounds have been posted for some specific achievements.

If you've activated testing cheats at all in your save, you can't earn achievements anymore. Some non testing cheat cheats will also disable achievements. A help thread is here regarding cheats: FAQ - Sims 4 Console Cheats

Locking this thread to prevent  further necro-posting. Please see the above links for your issue.

Message 28 of 28 (705 Views)