Re: Sims 4 Achievements not unlocking Xbox One

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Achievements not unlocking Xbox One

★★ Novice

I purchased the game in December and since then, occasional achievements will not unlock. This is in spite of fulfilling all requirements, constantly being connected to Xbox Live and even doing them over again. I've seen similar issues with no resolution. The ones causing me grief are:

1. Hello Darkness, My Old Chum - Befriend the Grim Reaper

2. Older & Wiser - Have a Sim age up

3. Over Achiever - Complete 5 aspirations

1A: I have maxed out both the friendliness and romantic bars with one sim, had 2 others max only friendship and another only romance. It will not pop.

2A: I am currently on my 7th/8th generation and have auto-aged (with cake), waited out the time, thrown all types of parties, and even got the achievement for playing from birth to natural death. Still not unlocking.

3A: I have completed 6 now with one sim. As these are time consuming to do I haven't been able to try on another.

I've only seen suggestions that state to start a new 8 person household and these will unlock well, that was the 1st achievement I got as I began with 8 Frown

I have contacted EA through chat and was issued troubleshooting guides which I did and nothing worked. I've tried Xbox's general troubleshooting also as well as, guides specifically for Achievements Not Unlocking. Nothing has worked.

The only additional advice I got from EA was to post this and hope for the best or bug Xbox, who tell me to bug EA.

Any suggestions/solutions would be fantastic. I love the Sims franchise and have done for years but, am loathe to continue with a game that may or may not work.

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 28 (14,784 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We just released an update for the game which should help with achievements that didn't unlock on Xbox.

o To complete the unlock process simply load the Save Game you earned your Achievement(s) in and everything you earned will unlock.
o You may need to load multiple Save Games if you earned Achievements across different saves.

Please, give it a try, and let us know how it goes! Standard smile
-Mai

View in thread

Message 10 of 28 (14,640 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
I’m in the same situation, however it’s about half of the achievements which gets me frustrated. There’s about 10 achievements I completed which won’t pop. The other day while playing, 4 of them randomly decided to go off at the same time which had nothing to do with what my sims were currently doing. I was happy that I got some achievements, but still missing several. The aspirations one your having problems with, mine popped when I did about 7 of them, along with having 12 traits, it didn’t unlock til I did about 15 of them. I hope there’s a fix for it soon because as of 5 minutes ago, I just reached 10 in singing and guess what, nothing unlocked.
Message 2 of 28 (14,561 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't get it! I spoke to EA and they denied all affiliation with any potential problem and advised speaking to Microsoft. I did that and they said there is noting they can do about it because, it is EA's issue. In the weeks that I have posted I've seen so, so, so, so many other people in the same boat but, no acknowledgement from EA sadly. I do really hope they sort this soon. I haven't played it at all which sucks because, A: I love the Sims and B: I like 100% acheivements but, I just don't see the point until they resolve these issues! I'm quite glad I haven't bought any expansions either as I don't want to play a broken game. Microsoft contacted me today and asked if it was still a problem and it is. Hopefully, someone somewhere will fix this for us soon.

Message 3 of 28 (14,448 Views)

★★★ Novice
Loads of people are in the same boat, myself included with 8 achievements currently glitched.
After 6 pages of replies they finally replied to say it was being looked into. That was about 3-4 weeks ago, heard nothing since then. At this point it’s looking more likely this will not be fixed.
Message 4 of 28 (14,437 Views)

★★ Novice
I’ve now got pretty lucky. I’m only missing 2 achievements now that I actually earned, however what I’ve done to gain the achievements is to redo them, save the game right before it would pop, and focus the game on that sim. For example, getting to level 10 in a skill, I’d save the game right before they get to 10, make sure the sim is in view and I’ve selected them and watch as it happens. If achievement didn’t pop, I’d reload and do it again, usually the 2nd time after restarting the game makes it pop. I’m now redoing two careers with different sims for achievements I should have earned and will use this process and hopefully it clicks too.
The only one I’m completely stumped on are the mystery achievements for whoo hoo with a ghost. I’ve done this countless times, multiple ways and nothing yet. So idk if it’s an actual mystery achievement for consoles or just PC...
Message 5 of 28 (14,427 Views)

★★ Novice

I suppose it's something that have actually acknowledged it but, as you say, it's whether they do something or not. On all the pages and forums: I have tried every trick and troubleshooting and nothing happens. Even saving the game just before completion. From what I have seen though, each person has the same issue but with different types of achievements? Like for me personally, I've had no issues with the Max Skills or even Careers, it's everything else. Then there are some that cannot obtain these and get the rest? It's a bit ridiculous at this point as there is obviously some form of glitch/error with achievements but they aren't specific ones. 

Message 6 of 28 (14,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I've had similar issues for months. So I decided to start a new game (initially I never did to begin with)
Created a new house hold
After I purchased my house I typed testingcheats true to make sure it says if you turn on you won't get any achievements even if disabled (then cancel)
Then I overrided my 1st saved slot
Played the game and it worked for me
Also I do what most ppl said to do
Save before receiving the achievement
Slow down to normal speed
Zoom in on the sim
Message 7 of 28 (14,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same. I stopped playing a couple of months ago because I wasn't getting the achievements. Super annoyed.
Message 8 of 28 (14,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've even gone as far as uninstalling the game, wiping all the data, and reinstalling it.
Message 9 of 28 (14,089 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We just released an update for the game which should help with achievements that didn't unlock on Xbox.

o To complete the unlock process simply load the Save Game you earned your Achievement(s) in and everything you earned will unlock.
o You may need to load multiple Save Games if you earned Achievements across different saves.

Please, give it a try, and let us know how it goes! Standard smile
-Mai
Message 10 of 28 (14,641 Views)