Sim must have a height gap error?

by Tigerrun777

Original Post

Sim must have a height gap error?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am trying to build a foundation onto my house but I get this message sim must have a height gap. I do not know what to do all other lots work fine though.

Message 1 of 7 (2,738 Views)

Re: Sim must have a height gap error?

Hero

@Tigerrun777 

Just a guess as I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do.

Foundations of different heights must have a 1 tile gap between them.  And you can't connect them.  Roofs over different height sections can get challenging too.  And wall heights get affected too as you can't use different wall height on the same foundation piece either.  Plus you can only have 4 stories as well.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 7 (2,677 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I only have a 3 story house but it wont let me build a foundation. I have a pool next to it though. Please download my house and see what's wrong its called Tail's End

Message 3 of 7 (2,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Tigerrun777 

Ok.  I went to the gallery and could not find it.  Have you uploaded it?

Also, if there is a pool involved, that might be what is causing the problem.  Delete it and see if you can raise the foundation.  If you can, then put the pool back in.  

Message 4 of 7 (2,611 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm experiencing the same issue - I do not have a pool. This seems to be a glitch that might involve the platforms - I og had the home on platforms, but tried to switch to a foundation by lowering the plaforms back to ground level and then pulling the foundation up, but it won't let me and gives me this same error

Message 5 of 7 (2,035 Views)

Hero

@MadameNordica 

If you put the platforms down first then put walls on top of them, then that is probably why you can't pull the foundation up.  There isn't one when you do it that way.  Platforms are meant to go on top of a foundation, not flat on the ground, so the best way to go about it is to build your walls first using the room or wall tool and then pull the foundation up before doing anything else.  Then put in any platforms. 

So to fix your build you may have to tear down the walls on the ground level, delete the platforms, and then draw the walls again.  Once you have your rooms defined, pull up the foundation a couple of clicks (you can adjust the height later on).  Then you can put the platforms in on top of the foundation.  I would also put in the basement before adding the platforms as well, if you are going to use any recessed platforms.

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 7 (1,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this same issue and found the problem! There was a little section of flooring on the 2nd story that was not fully connected to the rest. After deleting it I was able to raise my foundation. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,477 Views)