Show hidden objects

by missleslielove

Original Post

Show hidden objects

★ Novice
I’m playing sims 4 on Xbox 1. I’ve enable cheats by typing in “testingcheats on” I get the notification that cheats are enabled. I type in “Bb.showhiddenobjects” and go into buy mode, and I don’t find any of the spawners. I’m looking for the rock outcropping and fallen logs, and fishing signs (and plant spawners, if they have them). They aren’t showing up at all. Does the cheat not work or am I doing something wrong??
Message 1 of 11 (43,113 Views)

Re: Show hidden objects

★★★★ Novice

Does that mean that when you enter bb.showhiddenobjects you capitalize the first B? I'm asking only because you may have accidentally made that capital, but if you actually do capitalize when you enter the cheat, it is actually meant to be a lower case b and the cheats are usually case sensitive so that may be why it isn't working. If you do not capitalize it then reply back and I will help you from there Standard smile

-Carly

Message 2 of 11 (42,932 Views)

★ Novice
No, I do not capitalize it. Everything is lowercase. They hidden objects just aren’t showing up.
Message 3 of 11 (42,921 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@missleslielove

They can be really hard to find. On Pc I usually use the search box. Soemtimes they can be found by entering debug, or unknown into the search box. Other times you have to write what they're called, which can be hard, so often I just enter a letter. Like, lots of the fish stuff turn up when searching for f. Lots of normal things will show up too, so scroll down to the bottom of the item list. Can you see any debug items now?

Message 4 of 11 (42,913 Views)

★ Novice
It says nothing found when I search for debug. When I search for unknown like 5 objects show up. None of which are what I’m looking for.
Message 5 of 11 (42,906 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is happening to me to! Like you said only a couple of items show when I type in the cheat?
Message 6 of 11 (40,990 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I've been playing since the game came out and I could have swore item spawners were in there and a lot of other types of public lot items. I can now find a whole stocked fishing pond in showhiddenobjects, I found it by looking at the name of the one at one of the parks. But I definately could not find the ones for spawning any kind of effect or collectable or anything. Also I THOUGHT "bb.showhiddenobjects" used to give you a response about it being activated like several of the other ones do, but I haven't seen that in awhile either. 

Thankfully I found a mod made by someone recently that makes fish ponds and frog logs buyable items in game normally now. So I can make my swamp themed backyard now. :D 

Message 7 of 11 (40,009 Views)

★ Novice

I’m trying to find the pond for Xbox 1 but can’t seem to find it?

Message 8 of 11 (33,510 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Didn't work

Message 9 of 11 (12,490 Views)

★ Novice

I know this is old but for anyone coming here looking for answers...

For xbox, put in your normal cheat commands. Go to OBJECTS BY FUNCTION and select SHOW ALL. It isn't going to show the complete hidden objects at this point. Here you go to your search bar and go in like you are going to type something but do not enter anything. No word no letter. Just press the triple line button as if you entered a search parameter. The items will all come up now. I theorize entering nothing is the equivalent of entering "debug" for the console. I do not know if this will work for Playstation.

Message 10 of 11 (7,229 Views)