Scientist won't invent momentum conserver

by capnjack77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Scientist won't invent momentum conserver

★★ Novice

Hi all

I'm running the scientist path and.i have the action to invent the momentum conserver.  Whenever I queue it up though, it vanishes from the list without an error or explanation.

Is this yet another bug that EA can't be bother to patch like the final resistance mission for Batuu?

Message 1 of 5 (1,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Scientist won't invent momentum conserver

Hero (Retired)

@capnjack77 I've moved your post to the console forum. Please make sure your game is up to date, and you have powered your console down.

Many reports of sims dropping items from their queue have been made in the bug forum. Mostly due to vacuums, tvs, basketball courts.

Are any of those present on the lot?

Does this happen if you turn off autonomy? I usually turn it off for my active careers so they stop trying to use the telescope or grab water on the science lot.

Does the same happen in a new game? You can save your scientist to your library and put them in a new game just for testing if turning off autonomy doesn't help.

If turning off autonomy doesn't help, and you can invent other items on the invention machine, you may want to open a bug report in the bug forum.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,513 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@capnjack77

There's nothing wrong with that in the game. I've done it many times, including once just yesterday.

You sure the machine isn't broken? It breaks like anything else in the game.

You may want to try it without mods also.

The only things broken currently in the Scientist career are the "Transform some grass" task  missing from the super-interaction, and the fact that gardening is broken on non-residential lots, and has been for YEARS.

PS.  The final resistance mission in Batuu works for me also. When was the last time you updated your mods?

Message 2 of 5 (1,570 Views)

★★ Novice

Xbox, so don't have mods.

Message 3 of 5 (1,554 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@capnjack77

Well, you may want to re-post this in the consoles forum and not the PC forum. You'll likely get better assistance there.
Message 4 of 5 (1,542 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@capnjack77 I've moved your post to the console forum. Please make sure your game is up to date, and you have powered your console down.

Many reports of sims dropping items from their queue have been made in the bug forum. Mostly due to vacuums, tvs, basketball courts.

Are any of those present on the lot?

Does this happen if you turn off autonomy? I usually turn it off for my active careers so they stop trying to use the telescope or grab water on the science lot.

Does the same happen in a new game? You can save your scientist to your library and put them in a new game just for testing if turning off autonomy doesn't help.

If turning off autonomy doesn't help, and you can invent other items on the invention machine, you may want to open a bug report in the bug forum.

Message 5 of 5 (1,514 Views)