Saves to My Library are corrupting & cannot be deleted afterwards.

by FinalBossNyuma

Original Post

Saves to My Library are corrupting & cannot be deleted afterwards.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am experiencing an issue where I have several corrupted saves in My Library that will not delete regardless of the number of times that I select to delete them. When clicked on, the images that are supposed to denote the content of the save are instead blue & glitched out, or they will sometimes have images of other saved content that have nothing to do with the particular save itself. The dates on all the corrupted saves say '05/31/14.' They will temporarily appear to be gone upon deletion, but simply exiting & re-entering the library or changing a menu within the library will cause the corrupted saves to reappear in full.

I play on the PS4, have no DLC installed, & have played my disc copy for about a week after purchase with no significant gameplay issues until this arose. I'd downloaded the most recently available patch before starting any new save files. I have also tried deleting & reinstalling the game's application data twice, but with no success. I consider this to be a highly disheartening glitch that dampens my experience & discourages gameplay because my ability to safely & properly back up characters & creations is currently dysfunctional & completely unreliable.

Message 1 of 6 (1,165 Views)

Re: Saves to My Library are corrupting & cannot be deleted afterwards.

★★★ Apprentice
I have this same problem too...🙁
Message 2 of 6 (1,117 Views)

★ Guide

This is what I see when I click on the corrupted saves, too. I've tried countless times to delete them & exit the game & see if it finally sticks, but it never works. 😭

Message 3 of 6 (1,093 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm glad more people are having this problem. It seemed like it was just me, particularly when the supposed solution (delete and reinstall) didn't work.

I really hope there's a fix for this soon. It's an absolute game ruiner for me that I'm unable to save my creations!
Message 4 of 6 (1,087 Views)

★ Guide
I felt the exact same way & even joined these forums to help bring awareness to this arguably game-breaking bug. I really hope the devs are following this closely.

I've also been dissuaded from playing the game due to this bug, which is extremely dissappointing. I don't want to build or edit anything without being able to back it up safely, which at the moment isn't even possible.
Message 5 of 6 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I know how you feel, I really like building and having no way to save anything is very frustrating. I'm still playing the families I made earlier as thankfully this bug hasn't affected my households, just not as much as before as creating was more fun for me.
Message 6 of 6 (1,077 Views)