Saves have disappeared

by nickinbigd

Original Post

Saves have disappeared

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, island, get famous, laundry, university, patio, parenthood, Tiny living, spa, movie, backyard, fitness, seasons, snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know. I just discovered randomly today.
What happens when the bug occurs? All my saves since after 1/16 are gone. When I load the game, it shows only saved games from November 2020 - January 2021. No saves since then snd no auto saves either. I am so depressed. I’ve made a lot of improvement, built a lot of families, new Sims, etc in the last six months and they seem to have simply disappeared. I can’t understand what has occurred and too sad to start over. Can someone please explain what may have occurred? Could I have done something to make this happen? I will never forgive myself.
What do you expect to see? My saves
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help 

Message 3 of 11 (869 Views)

Lost all saved game files after crash. Took me back to a save file from a year a

★★★ Novice

Hello, 

please help. I was playing my game and tried to travel which caused the game to crash. When it crashed, it took me back to the main menu. I loaded my game and found that all of my recent saves were gone. It took me back to March of 2020. I’ve tried everything. Deleted the game and installed it again, tried to restore from the cloud. Nothing works. The game crashed about a month ago when I kept trying to save the file. I would get an error saying it can’t save then it would take me to the worlds menu. I was able to recover my old file from the cloud that time but this time, it isn’t there. What happened? Is it corrupted? I am so sad. I had a university house and an estate and was on my 5th generation. The Univeristy house has everyone’s graduation pictures on the wall. Not to mention my family estate. My sims who were elders are kids again. I am devastated. A year of hard work, building and playing, all gone down the drain. 

Message 1 of 11 (903 Views)

Re: Lost all saved game files after crash. Took me back to a save file from a ye

★★★ Novice

And this is for the Xbox one console 

Message 2 of 11 (908 Views)

Re: Saves have disappeared

★★★★★ Apprentice
@nickinbigd Did you get an Error code 22? Because I got it a while back and it deleted two of my oldest save files. It's quite a common problem for console players.
Message 4 of 11 (820 Views)

Re: Saves have disappeared

★ Guide

I did not get an error code. I just logged on and once Sims 4 loaded. It only showed a few saves from December/January. Everything since then is gone.  I contacted Xbox today and they basically sent me in a circle to reach out to the game developer. I thought saves were in the cloud so I don’t understand what has happened. About to give up on this game. All the wasted money, wasted time. Lost. It’s too depressing 

Message 5 of 11 (807 Views)

Re: Lost all saved game files after crash. Took me back to a save file from a ye

★ Guide

This has happened to me too. Lost all saved games since January. I can’t get straight info from Xbox or EA. I am too sad. About to give up. If you learn anything else please share. Sorry and thanks 

Message 6 of 11 (857 Views)

Anonymous

This is something that happens due to the limited memory allotted for The Sims 4 in Xbox. Only 500Mb for a game that has tons of DLC. Once you reach 260Mb in your game (+other 260Mb that the game takes) the game will read your memory as full and it will corrupt your save. EA has been aware of this for more than a year and they are doing nothing about it. It would be as easy as expanding the memory for the saves but nope, they won't do it. Right now I'm unable to play the game at all after expending A LOT of money on it and it is just so frustrating the way EA treats its customers.

Message 7 of 11 (847 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you so much for writing back. I’ve searched everywhere and no one provided this explanation. I’m scared to play the game now. Like am I playing for nothing? And I just bought the new pack. I have almost every single pack. I can only imagine how much I’ve spent. Craziness smh 

Message 8 of 11 (829 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to tell if you’re reaching the Maximum space allotted? 

Message 9 of 11 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I was on the phone with EA for an hour yesterday  and all we did was the usual reboot, uninstall, re-install steps. No one mentioned any maximum space  allotted issue. They literally ended the call with “so sorry this happened to you but we have millions of happy users.”  I am in the same boat as other posters. I have spent a ton of money on so many packs and products. Scared to start again. What’s the point if it can all disappear and no explanation how or why or how to prevent it from happening again? 

Message 10 of 11 (639 Views)