Re: [Read First]FAQ - Sims 4 Console DLC Issues

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[FAQ] Sims 4 Console Download and DLC Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This thread will cover the most frequent issues concerning DLC downloads and content.

Please click on your specific console platform under each header for more information.

Important! Cats and Dogs and Journey to Batuu must be re-downloaded from your Library > Purchased on your console or use the options button from the home screen while highlighting Sims 4 to manage game content to redownload.

Below is posted the Frequent Issues and questions that arise often. If the above links did not help, see the FAQs below. If none of the links above or below help, please contact your console support XB / PS

1. I have the new PS5/Xbox Series and none of my Sims Content is appearing!

Spoiler
  • Highlight the game on the dashboard/home screen
  • Press the Options/Menu/Start button on the controller
  • Select "Manage Games and Addons" 
  • Select "Install" on all the DLC you own for the Game that you want installed.

2. On PS I have a disc, but now I can't use my DLC that I purchased from the PSN store, it says I don't own the base game.  (PS only Issue)

Spoiler

On PS4 there are region locks for DLC. It is very important to understand these Region Locks and how they will affect you and your DLC for Sims 4 on PS4. These locks apply to disc versions of ALL games that use the PSN store for DLC.

You can not purchase a disc from another region and use it on your digital base game if the regions don't match. You can not purchase a base game disc from another region and use any digital DLC for that game.

Please read this guide if you have purchased DLC, a disc, or a new disc and none of the previous DLC will appear when using the new Disc.

Game and Addon Country and Region Guide

Before you purchase a game disc, make sure that the region code matches the PlayStation Store region that you will be using to download DLC.

• If you purchase a DLC game disc from a region that differs from your base game of the Sims 4, It will not work.
  • If you purchase a base game disc that has a different region from your PS Store region, you can not use any DLC on it purchased from the store.

See also the following Threads that discuss this issue.
Cats and Dogs Disc Trouble

3. I purchased a bundle disc a while ago, and then just recently purchased another DLC bundle disc. When I put in the new bundle disc, my original content says it's not purchased!

Spoiler

Currently you can not use two different discs concurrently to play any DLC or Expansions. If you put one disc in, the other disc content will not appear.

• Start a new save for the new DLC disc and play a game just for that DLC. You can transfer sims to the new game using the library.
  • Request a refund from the retailer you purchased the second disc from and purchase it digitally through your console if you want to use both at once.

See also the following Threads that discuss this issue.

Can't play both cd expansion packs on my xbox one

4. I purchased DLC from the store and it shows in my purchases but I can't access the DLC in game! Playstation / XBox

Spoiler

This issue can commonly be solved by simply Powering Down your console completely (not rest mode). XB / PS

Make sure your Device is set as the Primary/Home Device. Or Deactivate/Reactivate your Device as Primary/Home XBPS4 / PS5

Make sure you have enough hard drive space to download the DLC. XB / PS4PS5

For PlayStation if the above didn't help you can try Restoring the License on your PS

XB Specific Troubleshooting
PS Specific Troubleshooting

See also the following threads that discuss this issue.

The Sims 4 DLC on PS4 not Showing

Can't Access Sims 4 expansion packs

5. I purchased DLC but now it isn't showing in my purchases and I can't download it!

Spoiler

XB

Not seeing your add-on in Ready to install? Sign in to My Games on Xbox.com with the Microsoft account you used to purchase the DLC to see what add-ons are available. If it’s not on that list, it’s not associated with that account. Check your purchase history for the transaction.

PS

Make sure you are signed into PlayStation Network account the add-on content was purchased from. You cannot share add-ons across accounts. Check your purchase history for the transaction.

Please see the links above by clicking on your system for more detailed information for this issue.

6. I purchased DLC but it is for PC not console! Can I transfer my DLC to another Platform? I accidentally purchased two of the same pack!

Spoiler

DLC purchased for PC can not be transferred between Platforms. DLC also can't be transferred between XB1 and PS4. You must purchase DLC for the platform you are using it on.

You must request a refund through the retailer you purchased the DLC through Playstation / XBox. If you purchased the DLC through Origin, you can submit a refund request here.

See Also the following thread regarding this issue.
[FAQ] Can I transfer Packs between Console and PC?

7. My DLC Keeps Uninstalling! My Sims are Naked and Bald! I can't access my DLC while I am offline!

Spoiler

Make sure your Device is set as the Primary/Home Device. Or Deactivate/Reactivate your Device as Primary/Home XBPS4 / PS5

Can't access my packs without internet

Sims 4 addons not working offline on Xbox

8. I purchased the Digital Deluxe Upgrade but nothing is downloading!

Spoiler

Upgrading to the Digital Deluxe Edition of the Sims 4 does not require a download. This upgrade simply unlocks the content in the game. All the content will appear in the game once you launch the game after purchasing the upgrade.

You can also read the Current Issues Section of this thread for further info. Troubleshoot issues in the Sims 4 Console

If you are offline, the digital deluxe items will disappear. Please use the bug report here for this No Deluxe Party Edition while offline 

Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition not receiving Bundle Items

9. I can't find Cats and Dogs in the Store not bundled! Can I purchase just Cats and Dogs DLC? 

Spoiler
    • Cats and dogs in the Store is currently bundled with My First Pets Stuff, the cost of this bundle is the SAME as purchasing Cats and Dogs DLC on it's own.
    • If you already own Cats and Dogs, you only need to purchase the My First Pets Stuff pack.
    • If you are on XBox, and only wish to buy My First Pets, you are supposed to be able to add the Cats and Dogs bundle with My First Pets to your cart, and only be charged for My First Pets at checkout.
    • If this is your first time buying Cats and Dogs, you will automatically get My First Pets Stuff with Cats and Dogs.

A couple threads deal with ongoing issues with these Packs.
[XB1] 'Cats & Dogs' on disk - Cant download 'My First Pets' 
[PS4] 'Cats & Dogs' on disk - Cant download 'My First Pets'

Other FAQ Guides

Cheats Issues

Console Gallery

Autonomy and Simulation Lag

Console Mods and CC

General FAQ and Help Threads  

Message 1 of 334 (45,507 Views)

Re: [Read First!]FAQ - Sims 4 Console DLC Issues

Hero (Retired)

My first Pet Stuff Released. Please Read the FAQ.

Message 2 of 334 (45,090 Views)

★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper 

I've got similar issues to the things mentioned in this tread, but none of these solutions work/can be applied. 

I have an Xbox One and originally used The Sims 4 with a cats and dogs bundle disk. The disk became scratched and so I purchased the Xbox Live version of The Sims so I didn't have to use the disk. 

Now my Cats and Dogs expansion isn't showing up in-game at all, however it is not available for purchase and shows up in the addons of The Sims when I manage the game through the Xbox. I've tried shutting down the Xbox and uninstalling and reinstalling the expansion. Do you have any other suggestions for something I could do?

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 334 (44,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks

Message 4 of 334 (44,365 Views)

(PS4)Can’t reinstall Cats and Dogs because it is now only available in a bundle.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I recently had an issue where my husband deleted the game file and I had to reinstall the game and all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs. Everything reinstalled fine except Cats and Dogs because it isn’t available as a stand alone expansion (like I originally bought it.) Now, it’s only available bundled with My First Pet Stuff, and I have to pay another $40 just to play the expansion I already purchased. Is there no way around this? 

Message 5 of 334 (27,471 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CaitBuchanan (Apologies for the delay) This is still an issue for XB1 as far as I am aware. They have fixed it for PS4. 

Message 6 of 334 (43,821 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Eco Living just released for Console. Please read the FAQ!

Message 7 of 334 (42,447 Views)

Re: Packs say installed but they're not

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So my cool kitchen pack and dine out are showing as already installed. However they're not. All my other packs on ps4 work just fine. I have purchased every pack and have spent a lot of money I just want my packs to work. I had uninstall game and since then they're not working. It didn't even give me a option to download them just says installed. I tried deleting and reinstalling again but still not working. Sadly we dont have a option just to delete packs. I restarted the ps4 etc and nothing.

Also let me say we game share and the account with these packs where bought on is primary and still the packs aren't there. See photos below showing we bought  them. All the other packs he bought work just fine.  Also note the packs do work on his sims 4 game just not mine. But like I stated the others work no problem and these use to work as well till I uninstalled the game yesterday.

I really dont wanna have to spend 30.00 more dollars to buy on my account. Could this be part of the recent update issues? Seems to be a lot of issues with it.

Also just so you know I've tried deactivating the primary and adding again as primary, restoring the license, and restarting ps4 and still nothing for just those 2 packs.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 8 of 334 (27,520 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Tintrika There are really very few times this happens. The main one is that the account that purchased the game or packs on is no longer on the console, or that it is not set as primary, or hasn't downloaded the packs again and isn't set as primary for the console, or you need to restore the licenses using the purchasing account.

The other is that you do not have enough hard drive space available.

Please be sure that the game and all it's packs are on the same drive on your console. Move everything from Sims to the internal drive if you use an external one.

A help thread for common DLC issues is here [Read First]FAQ - Sims 4 Console DLC Issues that covers all the different troubleshooting for each of the above.

You may want to reach out to PSN Support to resolve this if none of the above is helping.

Message 9 of 334 (27,458 Views)

★★ Novice

I have fixed it and here is how so you may know for future reference. Library > Games > The Sims 4 > Playstation Store > Your Add Ons. Comes up with a list of every individual Sims pack you have bought and you can install them individually from here  since the other way they kept saying installed. A lady was kind enougb to tell my that little secret. So should you have this issue with someone in the future you can ask them to do this step as welll. I was just going to playstation store and  clicking each pack and installing by looking up sims 4 this way was totally different.

Message 10 of 334 (27,456 Views)