Re: my saved games are gone when I enter sims

by blockhart93

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I'm having a similar problem with my game. Only I'm playing on xbox. This problem started Tuesday.

I'm not sure what's going on but someone needs to fix it asap. I hope someone is looking into these issues and trying to fix asap.

For me, my game was acting funny 1st. It was lagging, and weird stuff was happening in the game.

I cant describe the stuff, it's something you would only notice while playing the game. But, 2 things are suddenly I couldnt lock the doors on my house anymore. The only option that was being displayed was to set as front door only. And the loading screen music was stuck playing in the background

2ndly, My sim (Syd) graduated college and I sent her home after the graduation and tried to save my game and it kept giving me error code: 0 and didnt allow me to save. 

Tuesday night after trying to save my game like 6 times by overwriting the current file, and saving as a new game, I just clicked save and exit to main menu. In my saves menu the game I was playing and trying to save didn't show up, but it was in auto save. So luckily I was able to load it Wednesday morning and play normally.

But weird things were still happening in my game when I played Wednesday. It was lagging much more and I still wasn't able to lock my doors. Sims were randomly wandering into my house (a problem I've been having since installing tiny homes pack) and acting as they lived there: eating my food, using my bathroom, sleeping in my bed, etc. But it was worse, random sim after sim would do this. And I couldnt ask them to leave..

But I was able to successfully save my game, up until my other sim (Zoe) graduated from college. When Zoe finished her graduation ceremony and she got back home and I attempted to save my game; I got error code 0 again and wasn't able to save. So, I tried what I did Tuesday night. I saved and exited to main menu and my game appeared in saved games and in autosave, however when I loaded the game this morning my game is missing from saved games and the autoplay game is missing as well.

I thought something may have just been happening to my game until I got on the forum and seen some of the post.

Multiple people all playing from different systems: PC, Xbox, Playstation. Etc are all experiencing problems with missing saves, lagging and weird stuff happening in their games within the last 2 days. I hope someone from EA is looking into this and fixing the issue. Ita frustrating bc you lose months worth of progress in the game and for some ppl years and then sometimes no one even tries to resolve the issue although multiple ppl complain about it

But with this issue something needs to be done, bc you basically cant play the game anymore.

Message 1 of 9 (667 Views)

@blockhart93  I've split your post into its own thread in the console section, since troubleshooting system issues on console is completely different than in Windows.  I really have no idea how to help, but a console user may have suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you!
Message 3 of 9 (649 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@blockhart93 There is a thread here about an error code 22 issue which is preventing people from making saves. You can find the troubleshooting here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/CURRENT-ISSUE-Save-Error-22/m-p/8724415/highligh...

If you have backup saves in the cloud, you should be able to sync to your XBox and get your saves back. 

Message 4 of 9 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Thank you for your response. I will check out that article and I'm not even sure how to access the cloud, or if it's something that I already have. How do I get to the cloud to check?
Message 5 of 9 (592 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper 

So this is my current screen. I don't see anything about backed up saves. 

I always play the game by signing in 1st. When signing in is that when it's under internet access? 

Message 6 of 9 (567 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@blockhart93 So long as you are connected to XBox Live your saves should be synced to the cloud automatically. (Source

The troubleshooting link I gave you previously has step by step instructions for your saves.

Message 7 of 9 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, thanks

Message 8 of 9 (554 Views)

★ Guide

Same thing just happened to me. I last played like two days ago and was having issues with my game not saving. Kept getting g error code 0. Finally I just saved in a new slot and deleted the old one. Now tonight when I went to play, my save isn't showing up. All it lets me do is start a new game. I can still see my save when I go into my settings on PS4. This really sucks.

Message 9 of 9 (487 Views)