Re: Game crashes when placing a lot from gallery

by kedove

Original Post

Re: Game crashes when placing lots

★ Apprentice

I’m having this problem too, has anyone found a solution yet? The difference is that I’m playing on ps4. I started building the lot in question where I wanted it, saving it to my library frequently. When the game ultimately crashed I was relieved to still have the lot saved. When I try to place it again the game crashes every time. I’ve tried placing it every which way, nothing works. So I started a clean save and was able to place the lot fine...but I was building it for a specific group of people. My game save isn’t corrupted, the file size is only 3mb...the sims has been causing me so many problems recently. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,869 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m having this problem as well on PS4. Obviously no mods. Any tips to get my game working again? I’m trying to place a lot that I built. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,878 Views)

Hero
@kedove Can you link the lot ? There are lot that crash the game while placing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (1,866 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don’t have the lot uploaded yet because I’m still trying to build it. It’s brand a brand new creation. Could it be one that crashes the game if it isn’t finished?

Message 4 of 12 (1,854 Views)

Hero
@kedove That's hard to tell but if it crashes now when you try build it, it might.

Did you use any terrain manipulation ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,849 Views)

Re: Game crashes when placing lots

Hero (Retired)
@kedove If you've successfully placed the lot in another save, try saving the lot new to the library. Then in the save you want to use the lot in, bulldoze the lot (unless it's an apartment) that you want to place the saved lot on and try again. It's possible something on the lot in the game you are trying to place the building is corrupted and causing the crash.
Message 6 of 12 (1,836 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, I haven’t used any terrain manipulation. It’s a grocery store so there is a ton of produce and little stuff. There is also some debug stuff. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,842 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was able to successfully place it in a new save...I just can’t place it in the world it was meant for.

Message 8 of 12 (1,841 Views)

Hero
@kedove Maybe it's a memory issue. Do you already have a lot of houses and stuff in your world ?

I have no idea how to check if it crashes cause of memory on console though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@kedove I've merged your post into your other post in the console forum. Please keep your issue to one forum so your issue can be addressed in one place.

Message 10 of 12 (1,824 Views)