Re: Progress Has Been Seemingly Deleted (Xbox One)

by AncientHylian

Original Post

Progress Has Been Seemingly Deleted (Xbox One)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The last time I played in this household, I did quite a lot. Bought an easel for the arty Sim, placed a few objects got from promotions, got some plant pots and got one sim the gardening skill, a computer for my tech guru sim, and bought the special tea machine that allows for specific moods. I also did something VERY big: get two sims married (the artist and the gardening Sim). I return today, and... It's all gone. The plant pots, the Sim doesn't have the gardening trait anymore, the two sims are back to boyfriend and girlfriend, everything has just vanished. The Sims are still paused at where they last were, but the things are just... Gone, like it all never existed to begin with. Not even in the household inventory.

Why did this happen? How did this happen? I definitely saved, so did it just delete all the progress? Has this happened to anyone else? And how can I restore everything I lost? Frown

Message 1 of 11 (2,967 Views)

★ Guide

Hi KathleenKitty414, I can try to help you out. I don't know when you started playing the game, but early on there was a problem with the saves and the game wasn't saving anything. There was an update released, so make sure you have installed that. As for your file, I don't think there's a way to recover it, but in the future you could try saving files to a USB, or uploading them. That way you'll still have them if they are deleted again. 

Message 2 of 11 (2,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for being willing to help me! Standard smile

I started playing Sims 4 on Christmas Day, it was a present, and I've been playing it ever since. If it helps, I have three households: One consists of me and my friends, and two on an alternate save which consists of a bunch of fictional characters (this was the one I lost the progress on). When was the update released to fix the problem?

And also, how do you save Sims files to a USB? How does that work and how do I do it? I'd like to be able to stop this sort of thing happening again, especially since I wanted my married sims to have a child (and I'd hate it if I lost the progress again and the baby vanished! D: ).

Message 3 of 11 (2,935 Views)

★ Guide

Okay then! Thank you for the info Standard smile

I'm pretty sure the update was released on the 21rst of November. My game wan't saving either, but I downloaded the patch when it came out and it has saved perfectly since. I knew it wasn't working before because I would hit save, and the word "saving" and the loading symbol would not show up. This may be what's happening with yours. 

As for saving files to a USB, it's pretty simple. Insert your USB into the Ps4, go to settings and enter Save Data Management. Select Save Data in System Storage, then Copy to USB, then select the game and files you want to save from. Then all you have to do is copy them onto it! You can also overwrite the files on the USB to keep up to date with files you're still playing. This is what I've been doing. In case you lose them again, here's the article that explains everything, including how to put your saves back on your Ps4. 

http://simscommunity.info/2017/11/14/the-sims-4-how-to-backup-save-game-files-on-ps4/

Good luck! I hope this helps you Standard smile

Message 4 of 11 (2,926 Views)

★★ Novice

But I've seen nothing telling me Sims 4 needs to be updated, nor have I seen any message saying about a downloadable patch or something. How do I see that and how do I get the patch?

I have an Xbox One, hence why that is in the title of this problem. But I'm gonna assume this save method works for both ps4 AND Xbox One, in which case I'll probably use it when I can finally get ahold of a USB: that's been a lot easier said than done. Thanks for telling me about that! :D

Message 5 of 11 (2,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I completely overlooked the fact that you were playing on Xbox! Shocked 

Ok, well, let's see if I can still help you out Oops On Ps4, there is an option in settings that says "Update System Software" or something like that. Selecting this will let you see if there is an update for your console. I'm assuming there is something similar for Xbox, so you could start with that!

As for the game, all you have to do is go to the options for it, then there may be an option that says "Check for Update". This is how the Ps4 works, so maybe you could try finding this option somewhere on your Xbox. I don't have one, so I'm not quite sure how they work! Wondering

Now I'm not sure at all if you can use a USB with an Xbox One. You may have to use online storage or something like that. I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding! I guess I'm just too used to using my Ps4... 

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more! I hope you get your files saved somehow Standard smile

Edit: I did a little searching for you and found an article that tells you how to copy your files! I hope it will work for you!

http://www.babyusb.com/Help/save-ps4-xbox-game-data-usb-drive

Message 6 of 11 (2,891 Views)

★★ Novice

Don't worry about it Standard smile

As for your suggestion, my Xbox seems to be up to date. I checked my games and there's still nothing there for Sims 4. I went into the game, and I can't find this Check for Update you're on about. If you could help me navigate the Sims 4 menus and find it, I'd appreciate that! ^^ (I also apologise in advance, since I'm a bit dim and have probably overlooked the option completely without even realising it's there ^^; )

And thanks for the USB saving advice! I'm glad you could find something for Xbox One too :D

Message 7 of 11 (2,873 Views)

★ Guide

Okay! Since the "Check for Update" is the option I use on my Ps4, I'm not sure if you can do the same thing on your Xbox. I can get to this option by hilighting the game on the home screen, then pressing the "options" button on my controller. I don't know how an Xbox controller works, but maybe there's a button that lets you do the same thing on it. You may have to play around with it a little bit to find something! If not you could try to find some info online. I'm sorry I'm not very experienced with Xbox at all! Raised eyebrow

I hope you figure this out and that you can save your files Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (2,870 Views)

★★ Novice

It's alright Standard smile I did find something similar to what you mean, Manage Game, but I checked there and there's no updates or anything of the sort there, meaning I still have no clue on what caused me to suddenly lose a bunch of data and have to start all over (which sucks because now I got to wait until they get 1000 sims cash to afford a wedding again :T).

Message 9 of 11 (2,837 Views)

★ Guide

Okay then! I hope you don't lose your progress again. I wish I could have helped you more!

P.s, congratulations to the newlyweds! Large smile

Message 10 of 11 (2,833 Views)