Re: Parental control level of TS4 on PS4

by Simianosaurus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Parental control level of TS4 on PS4

★★★ Newbie

I’m trying to configure parental control (child lock) for The Sims 4 on PlayStation 4. The game is bought and played in Finland and it is rated PEGI 12. When I set the parental control level to 5 (equals to PEGI 12) the game is disabled (starting it is locked). When I look at the info on PS4 of the game, it says Level 9. This is not PEGI 12 but PEGI 18. What is wrong?

Message 1 of 17 (9,864 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @tubelix1

I have to inform you that, sadly, this is a Sony requirement and there is no possible workaround for this.

Parental Control level in PS4 is always set by the most restrictive Age Rating for the title. Sims 4 has a +18 rating in Russia, and I’m afraid this is affecting other less restrictive ratings like PEGI.

This is just how PS4 works. We are currently having communications with Sony about this matter, however, It does not seem that Sony will be addressing this issue anytime soon.

View in thread

Message 8 of 17 (9,543 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @tubelix1,

If it is listed as Level 9 in PlayStation game information, you will need parental controls to be set to that level to be able to access the game.

Sony would be the best to answer questions related to the Parental Controls for PlayStation Wink  However, in this case, I would say best solution would be changing the parental control level whenever you want to allow your child to play the game. Keep in mind they will be able to access other games you might not want them to play as well. Quoting Sony's article:

"It is not possible to set different parental control levels for each user of the PlayStation 4 system, so always set the parental controls to suit the youngest child in your home. You can adjust them at any time to allow viewing or play by an adult or older child, but remember to reset them to ensure your youngest child only sees content appropriate for their age."

Source, and more info: article on Sony's official website about Parental controls 

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 2 of 17 (9,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for your answer EA_Mai.

> "Keep in mind they will be able to access other games you might not want them to play as well."

This is what I’m trying to avoid. I want to disable games Level 7 (PEGI 16) and up so that the children cannot access them. There is obviously now a conflict how the game is rated by PEGI and how it is rated in PlayStation 4. I have to try and contact Sony about this problem.
Message 3 of 17 (9,774 Views)

★ Novice
Hi,

the question is: why is it listed as Level 9?
Message 4 of 17 (9,752 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have this issue too.

Raising the parental control level when he wants to play this game is not really an acceptable solution.

It works for now, but if the game is listed as a PEGI 12, it should be playable by users with parental control level 8 as that is supposed to give access to PEGI 12 games.

I have had an online chat to support about this and they have said they will file a bug report with the devs.

Message 5 of 17 (9,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The parental control level 5 (or 6) matches PEGI 12. Parental control level 7 (or 8) matches PEGI 16. They need to fix it to 5 or 6, not 8.

Here you can see combinations of game rating labels and parental control levels:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/game.html
Message 6 of 17 (9,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 7 of 17 (9,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @tubelix1

I have to inform you that, sadly, this is a Sony requirement and there is no possible workaround for this.

Parental Control level in PS4 is always set by the most restrictive Age Rating for the title. Sims 4 has a +18 rating in Russia, and I’m afraid this is affecting other less restrictive ratings like PEGI.

This is just how PS4 works. We are currently having communications with Sony about this matter, however, It does not seem that Sony will be addressing this issue anytime soon.

Message 8 of 17 (9,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Maybe this needs to be made clear at point of sale. It's listed as a PEGI12 and I bought it for a 16 year old to play, yet they can not without bypassing the restrictions, which I really don't want to do.
Will be seriously considering requesting a refund as the person it was bought for can not play it.
Message 9 of 17 (9,531 Views)

★ Novice
The Box stated "age 6 (and above)" in our country. I bought it for our kids. What now?
Message 10 of 17 (9,505 Views)