PS4 sims 4 controls issue

by amylegg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 sims 4 controls issue

★★★ Newbie

I'm having issues with the controls, one Minuit I'm trying to look through items to buy then the curser jumps around the screen on different icons

also I'm trying to create sims and it just won't let me change the gender, it just again keeps jumping to the main icons around the corners of the screen :/ 

am am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is because it feels like the game just isn't finished and needs more work! Feels like the game can't understand that I'm in a tab creating a sim and just wants me to either add another sim or take me back the the world icon, driving me mad

Message 1 of 27 (88,415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 sims 4 controls issue

EA app Team
Considering the thread @SimGuruIcarus linked, as there's no point on keeping two thread for the same, I'm closing this one.

Please, join that thread if you want to share any thoughts, as you won't be able to reply here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Live-mode-selection-issues/td-p/6810394

Thanks!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (77,051 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Make sure to press the left thumb stick to bring up the control menu so you can read the control layout. The control menu changes depending on what you are currently doing so there's lots of stuff to learn.

There are basically two modes and you need to utilize them both.. Cursor mode and menu mode.  To change back and forth from menu mode to cursor mode, you need to press the touch pad on the ps4 controller. (view button on xbox)    In create a sim, when on menu mode the cursor jumps around to the four corners of the screen. You can also use the dpad for better control. Switching over to cursor mode allows you to manipulate the cursor using the thumb stick like a mouse.

The controls are not intuitive and so will take some time to get used to. Took me bout 6 hours of the trial to feel comfortable with the controls. Now that I've been playing for 40 hours (jesus I've already played 40 hours!)  the controls feel like second nature.

Message 2 of 27 (88,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Click circle to get the hand cursor. On ps4/ back button on x-box.
If you think you are experiencing the create-a-sim glitch.
1.Click show controls(this fixes the cursor glitch most of the time)
2. Missing buttons click circle or show controls until it fixes.( Works most of the time)
3.missing traits or lifetime aspiration (click to finish sim and you will be prompted to add traits which should fix the glitch. If you have no traits selected)
Ps4 fixes I know.
Message 3 of 27 (87,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
I’m having the same issue on XboneX.

It’s not a matter of not knowing the controls, it’s a matter of the cursor/arrow suddenly getting a mind of its own right after it was working perfectly fine.

No buttons were pressed to change things, and no way to back out. It’s as if it’s frozen and you can only select 3 or 4 random targets on screen. It’s not only in build mode, although it appears to happen more frequently then.

I thought it might’ve been an issue with the controller, so I removed the batteries and fired it back up. That didn’t solve anything.

The only thing I’ve found that works is this:
- save the game
- go to main menu
- close out the game
- start back up.
Message 4 of 27 (87,712 Views)

★★ Novice
im having the same issue also cant navigate around the phone as it jumps around the screen
Message 5 of 27 (85,571 Views)

★★ Novice
also it happens over all saves so its not just a one time issue were can just start again
Message 6 of 27 (85,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, but it's even worse when I set the game in Spanish 

Message 7 of 27 (85,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Are you still having this problem? Or did you get it figured out?
Message 8 of 27 (84,964 Views)

★★★ Novice
Only work around at the moment is to save quit game then load it back up. But happens again eventually. Really annoying.
Message 9 of 27 (84,752 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They need to add a cursor speed option as well.

Message 10 of 27 (84,661 Views)