Re: Sims 4 Xbox Message about updating graphics settings

by Rachelharris31

Original Post

★★ Guide
@Rachelharris31 They completely ignore us.
Message 41 of 90 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Pro

@EricaMims2020 Yes they do the game is blurred on next gen if this was on pc they would of solved it.

Message 42 of 90 (1,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Rachelharris31Yep! It is like us on consoles get played down and none

of our issues are ever fixed. Is discouraging.

Message 43 of 90 (999 Views)

Champion

It was so disheartening to buy a brand new console last year and have this issue. Surely they must be looking into it. I expected it to be a temporary issue while it was a new console but it's not new anymore. I can't believe it's still such a problem, in fact it sounds like it's affecting more consoles.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 44 of 90 (982 Views)

★★ Guide
@simsplayer818 Yes I have a Xbox series X and it is still a problem. My Xbox one stop working on me. So I got a new console last year. Now this message pops up.
Message 45 of 90 (962 Views)

Champion
@EricaMims2020 it's really not acceptable at all. If I'd managed to track down an Xbox Series X (couldn't get one anywhere) I'd be absolutely fuming to still have this happen. Initial chatter said that it didn't happen on Series X but clearly that was misinformed. But we shouldn't have to rely on chatter and commiserating with each other or trying to figure it out ourselves because we should be getting active engagement from the ones that can fix it.
We pay the same price for our content so I don't know why we aren't treated equally. All I can think is that maybe the creative team isn't balanced in terms of PC and console devotees. It's just a guess on my part.
Message 46 of 90 (954 Views)

★★★ Pro
Message 47 of 90 (945 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@simsplayer818 We pay MORE than PC users!!! They get awesome sales and they also get pick your own bundles … which cuts the cost back enormously. It’s very disheartening
Message 48 of 90 (933 Views)

Champion
@MamaRockit I did not know about the bundles! I just thought theirs were like ours.
I used to play on PC but I kept having hardware problems so it's been years since I switched exclusively to console. I used to go between PlayStation/Xbox and PC for Sims 2 and 3. Now I'm Xbox exclusive.
There are a lot of players talking about the disparity between the two platforms so maybe they'll hear us.
I'm really irritated now I know about those bundles though as I often buy a few add-ons at a time but usually on sale. I've got over 50. Right now I'm having to take a break for the bugs and after the update I crashed after a few mins just in build mode.
Message 49 of 90 (922 Views)

Re: [PS4/XB1] Updating Graphics Settings Message

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue. It's ridiculous. It only ever does this during temporary lag, like exiting build mode, but it never "adjusts" itself when the game is consistently lagging. My game will do this on it's own about 4 times within an hour of gameplay and then all the textures look like complete mush... Paintings are blurry, posters are blurry, furniture, flooring and wallpaper textures look almost unrecognizable and it forces me to restart my game because NO ONE wants to play like that, especially not on a new gen console! Then after I try to restart it, it won't even open. It'll say "The Sims 4 took too long to start." and then I'll quit from the dashboard and try to open it again and It'll be stuck closed for the next 2-3 minutes, and then it repeats when I try again... So I have to restart my whole console just so I can get it out of the loop of being stuck closed and try to finally open my game again. It's such a trash "feature". Just GIVE me the option.

Message 50 of 90 (748 Views)