Re: Sims 4 Xbox Message about updating graphics settings

by midtwilightblue

Original Post

@simsplayer818 Same hope The Sims Team will fix this. Same happened to me
Message 21 of 90 (1,662 Views)

Champion

I even found myself looking for the series X again because of all the problems I'm having. But then I took a week long break from the Sims and added a bunch of other games to my series S. Finally I can actually enjoy using it, without bugs or crashes. I can play games as they are meant to be played and I'm really happy with my console. I've added 6 games now that have absolutely no problems loading or playing and the graphics aren't causing any issues, no crashing, no bother.

I know it's updated this week and I've not even played it I'm so disillusioned.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 22 of 90 (1,649 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I have PS4 and it is an extreme noticeable difference on texture, very blurry, especially on floors, trees, furniture….basically everything but the Sims themselves. When I move to another Sim, a lot of times the graphics are blurry then as well, before receiving this message. I never had this issue until the past few months. Basically the more packs, the more problems with the game
Message 23 of 90 (1,321 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@midtwilightblue If your graphics are bad after the notice, please use the bug thread. Graphics Lowered after the Adjusting Graphics Notification 

Message 24 of 90 (1,280 Views)

★★ Novice

It has to do with the graphics you guys.. us console players don’t have the option to raise or lower the graphic and control the graphic settings like PC players. When that messages appears that’s says it’s adjusting your graphics, it actually does change the graphics, it’s makes them weaker and less desirable. I had come to the point of not minding it because it usually allows my game to run smoothly.. from build to live mode and even traveling from lot to lot. We on console need the option to adjust the graphic settings manually, because whatever they have them set at is not compatible with our gaming systems, but as I stated I had come to not even mind the message appearing to adjust the settings even with the bad graphics and all as it actually allows me to play and save my game for hours on end. However, I wish we knew who to contact about add the graphic settings to the option menu because we definitely need it as it would cure a lot of the issues we are having.

Message 25 of 90 (882 Views)

Champion
@tinronney1234 Unfortunately for anyone on Xbox Series S like myself, the current situation is that the Series X is being prioritised but graphics aren't being optimised for our console. It's not only frustrating but it's starting to feel a little insulting since we pay the exact same price for Sims content so should have the same experience, or at least certainly not an inferior one. Series X has been impossible to get in my area since it's release. But I'm actually happy with my Series S...when playing other games as that's the only time I get the full benefits of the excellent graphics quality.
I still have a next gen console, but this move makes me feel as if they are saying I bought a lesser, second rate console, which I don't feel is true or fair. I've bought about 50 packs and am pretty angry that I don't get the same treatment as players with other consoles. We were already behind PCs in terms of priority, but now I feel even further down the pecking order.
Message 26 of 90 (868 Views)

★★★ Pro

@simsplayer818 A lot of people are complaining about the graphics on the series x aswell.

Message 27 of 90 (863 Views)

Champion
@Rachelharris31 I'm glad you told me that as I can stop feeling like I have to upgrade my console. After learning that Series S wasn't going to be given any priority but Series X was I've felt really pressured to get Series X to enjoy all of my Sims content fully.
I'm sorry for anyone on Series X that is having problems though as I know the expense and difficulty involved in obtaining one (at least where I am from).
Thanks, you just saved me from possibly throwing good money after bad!
Message 28 of 90 (861 Views)

★★★ Pro

@simsplayer818 No problem its the same for ps5 so dont waste your money just for one game when other games look great on next gen a few of us next gen players have been asking for a next gen upgrade on twitter but we get ignored.

Message 29 of 90 (855 Views)

★★★ Pro

@simsplayer818 This is what tattoos look like on series xImage

Message 30 of 90 (852 Views)