PS4 Unresponsive and lag

by TallulahCantWIn

Original Post

PS4 Unresponsive and lag

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I was asked to post this to see if it is happening to anyone else by twitter support. So, here we are. If you are let them know so god-willing they can do something to correct it. This is PS4, but I have heard rumbling about it being an issue one XB1 and even PC so let's hope this accomplishes something.

The issue is quite simple. Once a lot I've built passes a size threshold it starts to becomes laggy. As the lot grows it becomes worse and any input commands often take anywhere from 2-5 minutes to initiate. As you can imagine this leads to all kinds of wonderful time travel issues which the in game clock and skill bars bouncing around and resetting during these lag times. An example being that the game just does not recognize that 5 minutes past and the skill has not increased when the game wakes up and before it spikes again. However, the in game clock has no issues motoring on. Time passing, lag freezing my characters, and nothing being done.

I'd expect occasional frame drops on a 50x40 lot, but I had the same issue on a 30x20 lot before I moved to [The empty map I can't recall the name of at the moment]  thinking having less to draw may help. It did not. I've also had this issue in an apartment, but since they are limited severely the effect isn't as severe.

Every so often this leads to everyone's favorite error message and crash (CE-34878-0). It is extremely random. Sometimes I can start the game and get it quite quickly. Sometimes I won't get it at all. Sometimes it happens a few times in a row. This is obviously the PS4 crying for help and giving up. I had this same issue on XCOM 2 which is well documented as even bringing beast PCs to their knees. That said I know there's a lot going on in the background of Sims 4, but why is it only an issue on my lots? Yes, they are very well built up and have a lot of objects, but these objects are not doing anything. The NPC sims out in the world still carry on when I'm not on my home lot. Why is it an issue here?

So, that's why I'm here. Looking for other people who have had this issue. I'm also wondering if anyone has broken my record of waiting for the game to respond which is 25-30mins.

I've tried everything by the way. There is no fixing it. I've cleared the cache and re-installed the game. As I said above I don't think "removing" Sims from the world would do anything because when I'm in a public lot the game is just fine. There's a line in build mode and once you pass it on a lot the lag spikes begin and there's no real way to tell where that line has been crossed.

I refuse to believe this issue can't be addressed. I played Fallout 4 (PS4) and maxed out every settlement with settlers and buildings/decorations/etc. I cannot fathom how one lot in Sims 4 can have so many issues when Fallout 4 I only got minor frame drops in a massive version of Sanctuary that had everything, everyone, and too much of the rest.

Anyhow, thank you for reading and I hope enough people respond so the issue is looking at. Tech support seemed surprised this was an issue.

Message 1 of 1 (572 Views)