by coldsteelblue

Original Post

[PS4] Sims taking forever to to things on custom built house

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Vampires, Vintage Glamour. Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? All the sims in the house remain still, or halfway through an action for at least 10mins game time.
What do you expect to see? The selected action to happen as it would in any other part of the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased DLC products

Hi guys, was wondering if you could help me with a problem that has become somewhat of a major headache.

I built a house for my sims on an empty lot & when my sims moved into it, everything was fine, they had no problems navigating the house at all.

However, when I purchased & downloaded the add-ons that I have now (minus the Holiday pack I downloaded that on day one), I encountered a problem that is only getting worse & I really starting to grate on my nerves.

When selecting something to do, or even just leaving them to their autonomy, the sims will stand still, for around 10mins of game time, sometimes longer before starting the action, if they are in the process of an action, say eating, it can take additional time to perform every single eating action.

The game will continue in the process, needs will lower, as an example, I even managed to have one sim wet themselves whilst on the toilet as the whole house seemed to just wait for something.

This only happens on this lot, I have another custom lot in the game, an open air swimming pool made earlier than the house & it performs fine, I also have other custom sims inhabiting the same world & they have no problems in their homes (pre-built with the game).

I have more than half of my PS4's HDD free, so I am confident that it is not a hardware issue.

Any help & advice on this would be greatly appreciated as this problem is slowly getting worse each time I play & it is really starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (1,045 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims taking forever to to things on custom built house

EA app Team
Hi @coldsteelblue,

Thanks for filling the report!

Is the house where your Sims behave like this big, or bigger than the others where it doesn't happen? How many Sims do you have in the house?

Have you tried to save the house to your library, place the same house in another lot and move your Sims there? Just playing there for a bit for testing purposes (no need to save).

-Mai
Message 2 of 5 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The house isn't really that big I believe, as there are  much bigger houses in the game, it is built on a 30x20 lot & I have 3 sims living in the house & while I haven't tried relocating the house, if I play as another sim & visit that house, even with all 3 there, there are no problems at all, as everything functions as intended.

Thanks for getting back to me @EA_Mai & I hope this new information I've provided will help, I won't be able to try what you have suggested for a few days unfortunately, due to work commitments.

Message 3 of 5 (934 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I want to vouch for my friend because he's also having the same problem. He plays the game on the PS4 as well. Hopefully there is a patch to fix this because doing any workaround or find a fix on our end won't help in the long run. Kinda sucks because I was thinking of getting the copy of the game myself.

Message 4 of 5 (906 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just now need to add @EA_Mai that I tried placing the house on another lot & moving the family in, but unfortunately there was no difference in what happened.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Message 5 of 5 (899 Views)