PS4 - Sims 4 w/ all expansions lags HORRIBLY

by RhysieBrando

Original Post

PS4 - Sims 4 w/ all expansions lags HORRIBLY

★★★ Novice

Title. Currently I have 3 sims in a University dorm with roommates, once Winter hit the game began lagging so badly it's near unplayable. Speeding up barely works, it takes at least 2 full irl minutes before they can perform an interaction, they're missing classes because by the time the game catches up their class is already over. I'm at a loss here.

Message 1 of 4 (1,074 Views)

Re: PS4 - Sims 4 w/ all expansions lags HORRIBLY

★★★ Novice
@RhysieBrando I moved them out of the dorm and into student housing and that has fixed the problem a bit. however I am still getting some lag, especially when speeding up, but also when they're getting ready to go to class/extra curricular activities.
Message 2 of 4 (1,051 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's possible your save file may be too big. A lot of (large) households and lots that are heavily cluttered on one save file is a common issues I've been noticing. Try playing your household in a new save.

Message 3 of 4 (1,045 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RhysieBrando  There's a post here with some tips on dealing with Simulation Lag.

Press the power button on the front of your console until it beeps and the light on the top darkens. 

If you have a lot of aura objects turned on, turn them off.

Go into game Options/Audio and turn off Mood Sting.

Large Households have more issues with simulation lag then small households.

If you have a lot of objects in your sims inventory, this includes storage chests, bookshelves, refrigerator, and household inventory, go through all your played sims inventories and household inventories and sell items off. 

If you have a large garden, consider trimming it down. You can sell produce and then store the plant in your household inventory. You can save the garden to the library and just put down what you need for each household and sell all the other plants that you don't need or use.

If you are on a large lot, consider moving the family to a smaller lot to see if it helps. Some worlds are more prone to delay on the large lots like Brindleton Bay, other worlds that are very large like Britechester can cause AI delay with all the sims around.

Message 4 of 4 (1,010 Views)