Re: Selling inventory stacks on console?

by Mrs_Right487

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] Sims 4 Unable to sell inventory stacks since 1.05 patch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Having issues selling stacks after update 1.05 on ps4. Now when pressing square and triangle it doesn't register the combination it will function as if the square or triangle button was pressed singularly.

Message 2 of 16 (20,260 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Selling inventory stacks on console The Sims 4?

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we are aware of it and Maxis is working on a fix.

To sell Stacks right now while we investigate, the following steps might help, please, give them a try:

1. Press X (Square) on the stack.
  2. Then press B (Circle) to cancel Live Drag then press Y (Triangle).
  3. You should be asked if you want to sell the Stack.

As this is not a technical issue, and we have another thread about it here, I'm closing this one. Please, join the conversation in there Standard smile

Thanks,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 8 of 16 (22,339 Views)

All Replies

No longer able to sell stacks.

★★★ Newbie
After the latest update 1.05 (ish) for PS I am no longer able to push triangle and square in inventory to "sell the stack". It instead try's to place the item in the world. Anyone have any thoughts?
Message 1 of 16 (20,121 Views)

Selling inventory stacks on console The Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie
So EA put a new update out on sims and now I can’t sell stacks anymore using Y+X on Xbox.
Message 3 of 16 (20,131 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

★★ Novice
I have the same issue on the XboxOne. No longer registers the Y and X input and will only allow me to sell one at a time. I have 99+ dragon fruit I need sold. I refuse to make my sim get a job. pls help
Message 4 of 16 (20,199 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

★★★ Novice

Have not been able to use square + triangle since the latest PS4 update last Thursday, so unable to sell stacks. This problem needs fixing please as I'm going to end up with RSI from selling inventory items individually.

Message 5 of 16 (20,136 Views)

Re: No longer able to sell stacks.

★★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox one and the solution of pressing X & Y has worked brilliantly until the latest patch.  Now I can't sell stacks of harvestables.  Every single household I have grows lots of stuff because it's a quick money maker.  I've never posted before but this is a game breaker for me.  I've spent so much money on this game and all the updates but I'm done until you bring back a way to sell my hundreds of harvestables at once.  I can't believe this isn't possible!  Please fix this, EA!

Message 6 of 16 (20,099 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox one and the solution of pressing X & Y has worked brilliantly until the latest patch.  Now I can't sell stacks of harvestables.  Every single household I have grows lots of stuff because it's a quick money maker.  I've never posted before but this is a game breaker for me.  I've spent so much money on this game and all the updates but I'm done until you bring back a way to sell my hundreds of harvestables at once.  I can't believe this isn't possible!  Please fix this, EA!

Message 7 of 16 (20,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we are aware of it and Maxis is working on a fix.

To sell Stacks right now while we investigate, the following steps might help, please, give them a try:

1. Press X (Square) on the stack.
  2. Then press B (Circle) to cancel Live Drag then press Y (Triangle).
  3. You should be asked if you want to sell the Stack.

As this is not a technical issue, and we have another thread about it here, I'm closing this one. Please, join the conversation in there Standard smile

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 8 of 16 (22,340 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't see this sell icon you're talking about anywhere on the screen when I open my inventory in live mode.
Message 9 of 16 (20,030 Views)

★★ Novice
I have been trying multiple variations of x & y and cannot get it to work at all. Had done it before but now won't work. They should have implemented a control wheel.
Message 10 of 16 (20,018 Views)