[PS4] Lots and sims not saving to My Library

by AncientHylian

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Lots and sims not saving to My Library

★★★★★ Novice
Yes. Always saved manually, & always checked the library afterwards. They were definitely in the library, like it's supposed to be. It wasn't until AFTER I'd shut down the game. Next time I'd go to play, GONE. just like that. 😒
Message 21 of 50 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarusThe majority of the time I hadn't saved before quitting the game! At first I was, but then once I realized that the library was universal to all existing save files & would save households & lots together from different save files, I began to think that saving before quitting the game wasn't necessary when adding saves to the library. It was immediately after that that my library began to malfunction.

I began manually saving & quitting AFTER my library glitched, but by that time it didn't make much of a difference. Thank you so much for reaching back out to us, I definitely can't speak for everyone else - especially those who dutifully saved - but I could easily see my not saving before quitting being directly related to my problem.

Edit: Also to clarify, my library IS broken. This isn't a matter of saves to my library disappearing simply because I didn't manually save my game before quitting, because even when I do so it still doesn't work. I made my own thread a month ago about the issues I've been experiencing here. My point is that not saving before quitting is possibly what caused my library to malfunction in the first place.

Message 22 of 50 (1,276 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Yes i always save my game my library is broken too if they didn't save i wouldn't have blue screens where my saves should be my game will let me save to library as long as i delete a save first it acts like it full i have 26 saves
Message 23 of 50 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I save each and every time I quit the game and always have done. I can't imagine ever not saving before quitting because I'm so meticulous about it.

Whatever the issue I'm having is, I don't think it's related to that.
Message 24 of 50 (1,249 Views)

★ Guide
Another thing that I should add is that saves made to my library used to remain in my library even if I quit the game without saving, which again is why I thought manually saving before exiting wasn't necessary. And again may have something to do with why my library stopped working properly. But beyond that my experience is just like what everyone else is saying: even if I save & quit, once I restart the game those saves will still be gone.
Message 25 of 50 (1,241 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Would I be right in saying that all of us have one initial corrupt save (blue with an X and unable to delete) and nothing saved properly after?
Message 26 of 50 (1,242 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I have a lot of corrupt saves can't see a x on them though and i cant delete them some of them show a picture of a premade lot and says it was made by me when i click on it its a blue screen
Message 27 of 50 (1,234 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Like this one
Message 28 of 50 (1,233 Views)

★ Guide

@BTGBB Yes exactly like you describe! I do have one inital corrupted save, one that has a red X & a white background. It appeared right when my library stopped working, & I can't delete it at all. After that I have a bunch of corrupted blue saves, which I can delete but they'll just reappear immediately afterward. And @mumofharry just as you said also, sometimes when I click on a corrupted blue save it sometimes shows up as a premade lot that supposedly "I" made, & it has a date with the year 2014.

Message 29 of 50 (1,227 Views)

★ Guide

Wow that's weird! When my Library wasn't working before, I didn't get any blue screen or corrupted lots. It just stopped saving all together. I would turn off the console and my saves would all be gone after a certain date when I turned it on again.

Message 30 of 50 (1,223 Views)