[PS4] Lots and sims not saving to My Library

by AncientHylian

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Lots and sims not saving to My Library

EA Staff

Thank you all for the feedback.

We will try to reproduce this issue at our end. 

Message 11 of 50 (2,828 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thank you for looking into this further! Any progress on a solution?

It's very disheartening to put so much work into sim and lot creation and not be able to save it.
Message 12 of 50 (2,800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same exact issue here. This sucks. I spent a lot of time creating Sim families. Planned to move them into the same neighborhood. After saving each family, I'd check the library, and they were all there. Went out for a while, started it back up, & everything I had saved for the aforementioned neighborhood is gone. Just like that. What a waste of time. What a disappointment. I had just recommended this game to friends. Gonna have to take that recommendation back. 😡
Message 13 of 50 (2,778 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here. Has anyone heard of a solution yet?

Message 14 of 50 (2,704 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No. Nothing, yet.
Message 15 of 50 (2,686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No progress on this? Really? The radio silence has been so frustrating. It's a fairly major fault in the saving system of the game. I've went from a daily player (who has bought all DLC so far at that) to someone who literally hasn't touched it once since the supposed solution failed.
Message 16 of 50 (2,662 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruIcarus In hindsight, I do feel like I neglected to add some potentially helpful information that may help you guys in pinpointing our problem. I'd truly appreciate it if you took the time to check this out, & hopefully this isn't redundant information:

- I play a disk copy of The Sims 4 on a PS4.
- The only DLC that I have installed is the free Holiday Celebration Pack.
- My issues began when I spent elongated periods of time saving households and/or lots to my library; it appeared as if these loading-intensive actions would overwhelm the game over time, to the point that then choosing something like 'edit household' or 'build' on a lot was pretty much guaranteed to trigger a crash.
- The first few times that this happened, turning off the game as well as my PS4 for a little while seemed to resolve the issue, & my library continued to save as normal. If I restarted the game without at LEAST restarting my PS4, then the game would continue to crash even after just one or two load-intensive actions, possibly suggesting that the game's memory cache is part of the issue?
- What caused me to lose partial functionality of my library was when I saved all existing lots between all three starting worlds to my library, then went to save one family consisting of four people. The game crashed, & upon restarting/reloading I see dozens of corrupted files that can't be deleted & the aforementioned malfunction of the save feature.
- I only have one personally created household consisting of a single Sim, & I've only played as this household in the entirety of my saved gameplay. She lives in a simple, one-story home with a minimal amount of items inside, no pools or outdoor decorations whatsoever.

Again, I thank you if you took the time to read all of this & hope that this can put you in the right direction. I really want to begin buying DLC for this game but am highly hesitant to due to this bug alone, as being able to back up creations is extremely important to me.
Message 17 of 50 (2,652 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No mention of a fix for this in the new patch notes I see...
Message 18 of 50 (2,612 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We have a question for you, if you are willing to answer:

Are you manually saving before quitting after adding items to the library?

It is required to manually save after adding any item to the gallery, as the title does not have an autosave for that. 

Thank you very much! 

Message 19 of 50 (2,476 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus, my Library seems okay now, but when it started to not save before, I was saving manually before quitting. 

Message 20 of 50 (2,468 Views)