Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] Lots and sims not saving to My Library

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I will save a lot or a family with one sim or more to My Library, and when I check they will be there. As soon as I turn off my console or close the application, everything I saved will be gone.
What do you expect to see? I expect lots and sims to save to the Library and stay there until I delete them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This wasn't always happening, originally I was able to save things just fine. I bought the game when it came out. Just a few weeks ago it started doing this, and I've given it some time hoping it might fix itself somehow, but it's still not saving. I know it's not my expansions because it started after I installed Vampires and I just recently installed Dine Out while it was doing this. Does anyone know why my game is doing this or how to fix it? I want to build more lots and create more families, but I can't. I've already lost a few lots forever because of this.  Frown

Message 1 of 50 (8,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] Lots and sims not saving to My Library

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

As @mumofharry has already noticed, blue thumbnail issue should now be fixed. Standard smile You might need to delete these items and save them again.

The team has been looking into your issue and wanted to let you know the following:

Maxis is aware that some players may have reached the limit of creations they can save to My Library on PlayStation 4. While your creations will show in My Library while the game is running, the limit can cause some of the creations to disappear when the game is restarted. The team is currently working to improve and increase save space in My Library to allow more creations to be saved.

In the meantime, if you want to save a new creation, you may need to remove a prior creation. Removing a creation that shipped with The Sims 4 on console will not increase the My Library save count available to you.

Hope that answers some questions. Thanks everyone for your detailed reports!

-Mai

(Marking this post as solution for visibility. @AncientHylian, I know this was fixed for you but I would like everyone who gets to this thread to get this information)

View in thread

Message 40 of 50 (8,791 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ps4 Lots and sims not saving to My Library

EA Staff

Hi @AncientHylian

This is very odd to us. Can you please follow the next steps if you have the time?

-  Go to PS4 Settings > Storage and make sure you have enough space in your system for new saves.

-  Uninstall all content and make a full re-install of the title and all purchased DLC.

Does the issue still occur?

Please let us know the outcome Standard smile.

Thank you very much! 

Message 2 of 50 (8,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello there, thank you for the reply!

Just to let you know, I did delete a few lots from the Library, then tried to save a new one to see if I was out of space. That lot did not save either. But I will check the storage just to be sure. 

I just have one quick question! Will uninstalling the game make me lose all my files and the lots it did save? 

Thank you so much for the time, I really appreciate it a lot Standard smile

Message 3 of 50 (8,672 Views)

★ Guide

Hello again @SimGuruIcarus!

I tried what you have said, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. I put my previous saves back onto the Ps4, went in and saved a lot. Turned the system off, back on, loaded up another save, and the lot was still there! Standard smile The first time I tried to open up the Library though, the game crashed and I had to start it up again. First time that's happened! Hopefully it won't again. 

I am also noticing, now that I've reinstalled the game, that before some of the original My Library stuff was also being deleted randomly. Lots like Ophelia Villa, Crick Cabana, etc and all of the original households were gone completely, as if the game was just deleting them from the bottom up! Very weird Raised eyebrow

Hopefully now, I can save lots without a problem and the game won't go back to the way it was....I will let you know if it does this again. 

Thanks so much for the help Large smile

Message 4 of 50 (9,561 Views)

EA Staff

Glad It helped!

Keep us posted.

Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 50 (8,626 Views)

Hero

Hi @AncientHylian

I moved this to console issues and marked as solved for now. Feel free to unsolve if you have issues again

@SimGuruIcarus for awareness 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 50 (8,618 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know this is marked as solved but I have the same issue. Will following this advice to uninstall and then reinstall mean I lose all my saves, my lots and my sims so far? A number of them did save and I'm worried about losing them by doing this, even if I'm now having problems getting other creations to save.

Message 7 of 50 (8,576 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know I'm hijacking a thread but I had exactly the same problem and unfortunately this did not resolve it for me.

Message 8 of 50 (8,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello BTGBB. To answer your question before, yes your things in the library will be deleted when you uninstall the game. I don't think it deletes the save files, but I just deleted everything and put my saves back on using a USB, so I wouldn't know. I'm sorry what worked for me didn't work for you! I'm not sure what else you could try...

I am having a little problem with mine now, though. Occasionally the game crashes when I try to open up the Library. It's never done this before. I hope it doesn't go back to the way it was Frown

P.s, I saw your other post so I'm just replying to you here.

Message 9 of 50 (8,562 Views)

Re: [PS4] Lots and sims not saving to My Library

★ Guide
I see that this has been marked as solved for now, but I can attest to the same issue. I also followed the advice of @SimGuruIcarus & deleted/reinstalled the application data from my PS4 twice, but as others have said it did not help rectify the issue. I have no DLC installed.
Message 10 of 50 (8,539 Views)