(PS4) Ghost Family Won’t Trigger

by ajlambe16

Original Post

(PS4) Ghost Family Won’t Trigger

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have been attempting to get the platinum trophy on the Sims 4 on PS4, but after killing 8 sims and putting them in a household together by inviting them from friendship (never activated cheats) and literally right after getting the Black Widow achievement, I thought I would’ve recieved “Ghost Family.” Alas, the achievement didn’t go through and now I have a save from killing 8 people and putting them in a family together without the achievement. Anything I can do to fix it?

Message 1 of 12 (3,867 Views)

Re: (PS4) Ghost Family Won’t Trigger

★★★ Newbie
Did you do It? I'm having the same problem
Message 2 of 12 (3,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I don’t know if this will work for anyone else

i had to guest log into my sisters PS4 install just the base game (because I own every pack, I think that’s what causes the issue) then go about creating the ghost family household. Took me about 2 hours to befriend a ghost and copy it to the library. But this worked for me and I’ve been trying since last year, hope this helps!!

Message 3 of 12 (3,637 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@maxismd This issue still persists as I’m unable to achieve it as well. Is it possible you could relay this message to technical support so that they can address the issue. Thanks.

Warren Woodhouse

Message 4 of 12 (3,130 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@WarrenKWoodhouse Please save your ghost family to the library, then start a new game and use the saved ghost family in a new game to see if your achievement unlocks. If so, your old save has achievements disabled in it because of the use of cheats.

Please keep in mind that trophies will not unlock if you have used cheats in a save. The only exception is MOO cheat and the bb.showliveeditobjects cheats. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/FAQ-Sims-4-Console-Cheats/m-p/8773247#M6538

There's a bug report here for trophies on PS4. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Trophies-not-unlocking/td-p/7710128

Message 5 of 12 (3,077 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

@WarrenKWoodhouse Please save your ghost family to the library, then start a new game and use the saved ghost family in a new game to see if your achievement unlocks. If so, your old save has achievements disabled in it because of the use of cheats.

Please keep in mind that trophies will not unlock if you have used cheats in a save. The only exception is MOO cheat and the bb.showliveeditobjects cheats. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/FAQ-Sims-4-Console-Cheats/m-p/8773247#M6538

There's a bug report here for trophies on PS4. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Trophies-not-unlocking/td-p/7710128

@PoptartJuniper I’m not using cheats in any of my game saves since I’ve started playing on The Sims 4 in 2017. Will saving the family and adding it into another save that has no cheats?

I’ve created the 8 member ghost family using Lyla Grunt and duplicated the character in CAS mode and thus creating the 8 Sim ghost family. She is a ghost according to the video game and she was included as part of The Grunt Family which was included in a game update not long ago.

Trophy hasn’t popped up in the game and I’m wondering if the character might be the issue and probably the reason as to why it’s not unlocking?

Message 6 of 12 (3,059 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@WarrenKWoodhouse The ghost you are using could possibly be the issue. When I did the achievement I used a ghost that I had move back in with my family. The ghost was of a sim that died in game of old age and had a tombstone. I saved that ghost to the library and duplicated it.

I understand some kinds of deaths will cause issues with ghosts, like drowning.

You can try to download a ghost from the gallery that died of old age if you don't have any in your game you can ask to move in with your family. I know some ghost households spawn with Outdoor Retreat and with Discover University those ghosts appear in the households tab and are not hidden. The game also spawns ghosts for Ghost Night if you have Get Together, however I don't know if those are added to the households tab.

Message 7 of 12 (3,051 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok, so basically kill off a sim of old age. Does this need to be with the ageing system so that they naturally die of old age or will it work with that setting turned off?

Message 8 of 12 (3,024 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@WarrenKWoodhouse  Sims won't die of old age with aging off. 

Message 9 of 12 (3,019 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So I need to turn the setting on and hope for the best. Cheers. Fingers crossed that this works.🤞

Message 10 of 12 (3,017 Views)