[Fixed 1.31][PS4] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by manolobeach

Original Post

Re: Crashing issues since installing Discover University

★★★★★ Novice

I don’t know if this will work for you but there are three things that looks like dlc that was installed that looks to be free. If you see these three sims dlc’s that are installed try uninstalling them. 

The Sims 4 Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content

The Sims 4 Life of the Party Digital Content

The Sims 4 Up All Night Digital Content

I found these in my active downloads and I don’t know what they are but since uninstalling those I’ve only crashed when I take a lot of pictures. When I go to build mode or simply loading I have not crashed as of yet. No guarantees but hopefully this works for you.

Message 61 of 377 (2,444 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during game play (Xbox One)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm still having issues on my ps4 game whenever my sim tries to travel to a diff lot, or when I try to modify her in create a sim. I've put over $100 into this game. Please tell me you are trying to resolve this problem. 

Message 62 of 377 (2,436 Views)

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

@FoxyRoxy1616  I've merged your post with the master PS4 thread on this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 377 (1,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is on EA’s part. Spoke to a representative at Sony and none of their “solutions” have helped! Looking through this thread it seems I’m not the only person dealing with this ever recurring problem (since 2018!!!). Will EA take the many complaints seriously and work to fix this problem ? Or will they continue COPT AND PASTE the same solution that numerous people have mentioned don’t help? I expect this problem to be fixed as a loyal and paying customer! If the problem is not solved in the coming week, I will be getting in contact with my Attorney General and contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a formal complaint against EA, Maxis and Sony!

(Removed profanity, keep it clean on AHQ) - Atic 

Message 64 of 377 (1,818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed. I am fed up of being told the same copy/paste troubleshooting tips that I mentioned in my OP that I have already tried! It doesn't matter what I do, the problem is still there. As a result I have had to stop playing until a solution is available... and I have thrown £32.99 down the drain on an expansion pack I cannot use, or more so don't dare use in case it further harms my game. 

I refuse to believe it is my machine/game saves/households that are the issue when it is evident that many people across different platforms are experiencing the same issues. I recall a while back when my game crashed EVERY TIME I tried to save, and once again I was fobbed off with "turn your ps4 off and on again, check for updates etc" which of course did nothing to fix it. It wasn't until EA released a patch that everything went back to normal, which leads me to believe that this would more than likely be needed here- please bear in mind that I am not a programmer or IT expert of any sort, this is more of an educated guess here!

It just seems way to coincidental that my game, along with many others, is acting up since December updates and/or installation of University. 

Message 65 of 377 (1,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The repeated troubleshooting is from posts being merged into this thread to keep them together. I don't work for EA, I am just trying to help others get their game running. 

It's also basic troubleshooting to determine if the issue is with the game or the console. It's important to go through the troubleshooting steps for your console to rule the issue being with the console out completely. If no one troubleshoots the console, or refuses to and just say it doesn't work, there's no data to say otherwise and it remains a console issue.

Please make sure you have followed all the troubleshooting steps listed for the console.

Message 66 of 377 (1,836 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing issues on ps4

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello I am having the same problem even though having all games installed, I have uninstalled and tried reinstalling. the system says that both the PS4 and the Sims games are up-to-date so why am I having this? Also pressing l1 l2 r1 r2 only brings the cheat screen for me no other details my error reads CE-34878-0 I am playing on a 1 tb PS4 system with all games installed I have every sims 4 game that has come out for PS4 and all packs. It’s happened several times. Please see attached photo

Message 67 of 377 (1,802 Views)

MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am beyond frustrated with this game. I have bought every single pack! Not only to support the sims franchise but also because this is my favorite game in the world. Maybe 6/9 times that I try to travel, my game crashes. It crashes sometimes out of build mode. And the most aggravating thing is that I spent over a HOUR in CAS. Worked on all 8 of my sims, outfits and all. And I was greeted by the notorious blue screen while waiting for my game to load from CAS. I play this game 24/7. If this isn’t fixed Then I have no choice but to put this game to the side for awhile. It’s very frustrating to put in so much effort while playing the game, just for it to be wiped away with a error code and a blue screen. Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game not once but TWICE. Had to download all the packs all over again. It didn’t fix anything in my game at all. Someone please help or fix this

-sincerely a very frustrated simmer

Message 68 of 377 (1,811 Views)

Sims 4 Crashes!

★ Novice

My game crashes pretty much every time I go to travel. I’ve tried all the steps I’ve read in previous threads and it still does it. I have every pack for Sims 4 on my pPS4 and my Xbox so needless to say, this is super frustrating when I have so much money invested in something that works half the time.. 

Message 69 of 377 (1,678 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes!

★★ Novice
@KillerPinUpGirl That happens to me on ps4 I kinda have to watch the spinning L3 logo to slow down to normal before loading up any screens or going into build. It happens more frequently if I use the ultra speed. It just has a problem catching up. Try monitoring the games speed and pause when you feel it’s getting to glitchy it is a little frustrating when you just want to play the game normally and it’s running a bit sensitive.
Message 70 of 377 (1,669 Views)