[Fixed 1.31][PS4] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by manolobeach

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 ps4 crashing non-stop

★★ Guide

The issues are with the game. They want me to create another account.... but that defeats the purpose of playing. What happens when that starts to crash? You should check out their Facebook page nothing but complaints about their other games too. Something needs to be done it is not my account or console it is the game itself.

Message 221 of 377 (2,384 Views)

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It seems to be some issue with the AUTOSAVE feature as all the points mentioned (loading a lot, exiting build mode) are also the points that the game tries to create an Autosave as well.

In fact I just could not get a lot I was trying to visit to load at all until I deleted my autosave.

That said I think the game autosaves way too haphazardly anyway.

For example, if the game crashes and then you accidentally load your last save INSTEAD of the autosave, the system immediately overwrites the new data with the old save you loaded AND ALREADY HAVE, instantly destroying any hope of not losing progress.

Autosaves should occur at timed intervals NOT at every load event

EDIT: 

Deleting the Autosave was working fairly reliably when I posted, now, a day later I can't get one of my saves on another lot to load at all without crashing.

I am visiting a huge lot (64x64) so I'm not sure if the size and assets have anything to do with it as well, but my game is currently unplayable as it won't even load.

Message 222 of 377 (2,675 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ps4 crashing non-stop

★ Apprentice

Come on EA, do SOMETHING about this. We want to play your game, and yet it is like you'd rather alienate and disregard the ones who buy your products. Wtf.

Message 223 of 377 (2,351 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game crashing after December update

Hero (Retired)

PS4 Update 7.51 was just released. Please make sure your console is up to date. https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/ps4-system-software/

Message 224 of 377 (2,635 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having this same problem . i do not use any of the mods, but i had placed a lot of buildings from the user library that mods were used to build. I went back and deleted those lots and the game has started working again. I hope this finds and helps people. I was about to tear my hair out trying to play.

Message 225 of 377 (3,025 Views)

★★ Novice

My game was also crashing. Although i was not using mods. I had place many lots from the user library that the users used mods to build. I deleted all of the lots and the game loads and plays normally again.i hope this message is found and helps . i was about to tear my hair out trying to play.  

Message 226 of 377 (3,019 Views)

Sims 4 PS4 Keeps Crashing after June 2020 Update

★★★ Novice

i’ve been trying to enjoy this new update and play my sims but it’s been impossible to do so. the game has crashed 5 times within 45 minutes and i’m assuming this is because of the new update that just dropped. EA needs to fix this because i’ve been experiencing non stop crashes on playstation for MONTHS!

Message 227 of 377 (3,022 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Keeps Crashing after June 2020 Update

Hero (Retired)

@xXTH3MAST3RXx When is your game crashing?

Message 228 of 377 (3,014 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper it’s been happening after i switch from build mode to open world and after i place a build from the gallery
Message 229 of 377 (2,956 Views)

Message 230 of 377 (2,942 Views)