[Fixed 1.31][PS4] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by manolobeach

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 crashes every time I play it.(PS4)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai My game seems to crash generally unloading greens travel build mode after spending numerous hours only to lose everything and have to start from the beginning again it is quite annoying and frustrating. Should I try to uninstall and then reinstall I'm not sure how to do that any help would be appreciated thank you.
Message 191 of 377 (2,479 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ERROR CE-34878-0?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have this problem. I have put so much time and money in this game and other sims (sims 1 player ) I find it so sad! It seems like they care more about the money now than about the gameplay I am so disappointed in EA.. it happens a lot by me when I return back to world editing after I build or placed a lot from the gallery.. loading takes forever almost 5 minutes per load screen.. it’s very annoying and takes away the fun while playing.. I also have a lot of bugs and report these such as not being able to use a laptop or doing the laundry without glitching. Letting the dog out in a apartment is absolute not practical!! Also! The time! It’s always off or when I speed up it just freezes! So much is just not right. Ordering a pizza on the phone in a apartment does not work too!! Editing the worlds moods true the mailbox also crashes the game a lot. I can go on.. and I report so I don’t understand how u guys still haven’t noticed it bc a lot of players have these problems!

Dear EA some attention to the console players!?

I had to play on my PS4 because I couldn’t play on my MacBook Pro. my PS4 is not the problem sims 4 is the only game I play on it and my console is brand new. I literally bought a PS4 to play the sims! 

EA FIX THESE BUGS IT’S NOT OKAY! 
@inactief_dabiel

Message 192 of 377 (2,566 Views)

★★★ Novice

Or refund us!

Message 193 of 377 (2,543 Views)

[PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP03: 1assets.live-EP03.142
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try going into the Gallery/My Library from Build Mode or from CAS Mode. The game has a long history of also frequently crashing and giving this error code when just exiting Build Mode to go back to Live Mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game completely crashes and I get PS4 Error Code 34878-0.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to go in and out of the Gallery/My Library and in out out of Build Mode without the game crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The game just crashed and gave me this error code 4 times in the past hour. I’ve had issues with the game crashing and getting this error code frequently before - typically when exiting Build Mode or CAS. Tonight has been the worst it’s ever been though. Three times I tried going into The Gallery from Build Mode to try and place a lot from My Library and all 3 times the game crashed. The fourth time, I went into CAS and tried going into The Gallery to add a Sim to a household from My Library. The game made it into the Gallery that time, but then immediately crashed again. I submitted reports all four times on the PS4. (Those reports were made under the gamer tag ChelleBelle716 though. For whatever reason, this iPad I’m on defaults to my daughter’s gamer tag, which is the KEW0701.)

So for the past hour and a half, instead of playing and enjoying the game I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on, I’ve not actually played a single minute. I’ve spent it crashing, restarting (which on the PS4 takes 8 - 10 minutes each time), and trying again four times, submitting 4 reports on PS4 and now a bug report on here. This is really, really starting to suck. I just want to be able to play the game and content I bought and paid for without the constant stream of glitches, bugs and crashes. :-( 

My PS4 is fairly new (less than a year old). Sims 4 and PS4 software is all up to date. I even rebuilt my database recently. No other game we play on the PS4 crashes / gives an error code. This issue is definitely specific to Sims. 

Message 194 of 377 (2,623 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

AMEN!

Message 195 of 377 (2,571 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Will do I really hope adding my user name helps. Thank you

Message 196 of 377 (2,602 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone could share a save file that'd also be potentially helpful, there's instructions for doing so in the following link, you can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 197 of 377 (2,560 Views)

Game grashing with generic ps4 error code after April update

★★ Novice

Hello,

I've been having a consistent game crash/ error code since the April update, I have tried all of the troubleshooting methods, even initializing my ps4, every troubleshooting method has made my game crash even more. I know it is not my ps4, because every other game works just fine without any error codes, I have 49 other games that I play. This is definitely a Sims 4 error, and it's very frustrating because I just bought 4 packs while they were on sale three weeks ago, right before the update and I was excited to play them. I've been playing the sims since simcity first came out and have never had this issue with any of my other games, or platforms, not even my ps3 with sims 3. 

Please help this very frustrated simmer. 

Message 198 of 377 (2,599 Views)

Re: Game grashing with generic ps4 error code after April update

Hero (Retired)

@amandade1 Try deleting your auto save, then loading your game using your last actual save. See if that helps.  There's a very long thread here with users having this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

As you are on PS4 you can share any crashing saves with the team using the above link.

Message 199 of 377 (2,550 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

Community Manager

Hi @KEW0701

Let's see if we can get that help that error message go away. @SimGuruJoystick shared some troubleshooting steps to help limit crashing in a similar thread, can you please try those and let us know how you got on? 

@SimGuruJoystick wrote:

Hi there!

The error is a PS4 error to say that the software crashed.

Below are some ideas on how to fix the problem

Restart your console:

• Turn off your console and then turn it back on.

Make sure your game software is up to date:

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.

Make sure your PS4's system software has the most recent update:

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

Clear your PS4's cache:

• The PlayStation 4 doesn't actually have a cache to clear. That said: It never hurts to power down/power up your console if you're encountering performance issues in the console. 

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller. 
    2. Select "Turn Off PS4". 
    3. Let the PlayStation 4 to fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
    4. Restart the PlayStation 4.

Uninstall/reinstall your game: 

• So you're still having problems? OK, you may want to think about uninstalling/reinstalling the game experiencing the error. 
    • Before you do this, upload your save game to the cloud (or to a USB storage device). That way you won't lose your progress and have to start over once you've reinstalled.
    • OK, once you're ready to uninstall your game data from the console, follow this guide SCEA put together over at their official site.

Reinstall the original hard drive:

• This is only if you have upgraded your PS4's hard drive (read: replaced it with a larger one). Sony suggests re-installing the original hard drive that came with the console. 

If none of these steps have helped, you should reach out to PlayStation Support.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 200 of 377 (2,579 Views)