Game crashes after exiting build mode

by willprot

Original Post

Sims 4 constantly crashing (PS4)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, discover university, Tiny living, backyard stuff, spooky stuff, get famous, spa day, perfect patio, vintage glamour, movie hangout, bowling night, fitness stuff, romantic garden, get together, outdoor retreat, luxury party, cool kitchen, city living, kids room, seasons, dine out, laundry day, parenthood, cats & dogs, toddler stuff, get to work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game? There doesn’t seem to be a specific thing that causes it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes and I lose all progress.
What do you expect to see? For it not to crash every 10 minutes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent updates and fixes for console. Not sure of the exact dates.

I am at my wits end with this. It makes me want to throw in the towel with this game. It’s never worked really well on console but I learned to live with the permanent annoyances. But this is just too much. It crashes at any given moment. It’s never for any specific reason. It even crashes when I try to save because I know it’s only a matter of time before it happens again. All weekend long I have done everything I can. My console and game are all up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, Uninstalled all packs and reinstalled, I did a few things to my ps4 to make sure it’s working properly. Sims 4 is the only game this happens with. Literally nothing fixed it. I hope this isn’t also a permanent issue because I’ve spent hundreds on this game. This is just honestly ridiculous and infuriating. I’m so scared to play it now because of how much it crashes and there’s a good chance my save will corrupt. 

Message 141 of 377 (6,268 Views)

Re: Sims 4 constantly crashing (PS4)

Hero (Retired)

@TrusttLove  There is a thread here on this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

Please read through the marked post as there is a lot of information there.

Message 142 of 377 (6,210 Views)

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

★★★★ Apprentice

Is this the auto save file thing you were talking about?

Message 143 of 377 (5,910 Views)

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

Hero (Retired)

@wesnic87  Go into application saved data management, saved data in system storage. Once in there, select Sims 4, then there will be a list of your saves, you can delete the auto save file.

You can also load Sims 4, once at the start menu select "Load Game." When the list of your games comes up, simply highlight the autosave and press triangle to delete it.

Message 144 of 377 (5,899 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I’ve seen most of it. Still nothing being done about it 

Message 145 of 377 (5,920 Views)

★★ Novice

Please please please just sort this out... since i got the university all this game does is crash.. 

Done all the updates.. uninstalled and installed again... Still Crashing 

or can someone please tell me another way to sort this as becoming Annoying  

Message 146 of 377 (5,897 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kellyp73124  Please see this thread. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

The gurus are looking for saves so sharing your crashing save would be  most helpful. 

All the current information about this issue is in the thread I linked. 

Message 147 of 377 (5,888 Views)

Console Crashes

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Idk the new one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 10
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in build mode on console and mostly likely it will crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? Often
What do you expect to see? My game not to crash when I’m trying to place objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The new patch

My game keeps crashing while I’m in build mode please fix this. 

Message 148 of 377 (5,820 Views)
Highlighted

Game crashes after exiting build mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23 GP06 1.assets.live-gp06.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions All game packs except spa day and parenthood All except 5 stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Simply go into build mode 2. exit to live mode Often I buy items or build but seems like just going into build mode will cause a crash. I have a pretty sizable property but it still happens with smaller properties as well
What happens when the bug occurs? After exiting build mode, the game crashes a few seconds after the in game clock starts moving. I've reported it through the console but it's so incessant the game is close to unplayable. This same crash seems to be happening randomly as well without build mode but that is rarer.
What do you expect to see? Exiting build mode and not have the game crash every time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 149 of 377 (5,823 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Over a month has passed and I'm still having crashing issues. I have already followed the usual procedures with regards to my ps4 but to no avail. I've purchased Tiny Living and my game has crashed 10 TIMES in the past hour and a half, I've spent more time staring at the loading screen than playing! All through trying to bulldoze a single lot in Windenberg and replace it with a new one!

Now whenever I try to place a lot from the gallery my screen goes black and then the same old crash occurs. This is beyond ridiculous now. What used to be relaxing and therapeutic has now become majorly stressful and I am completely fed up after spending so much money on this game only for no fixes to these stupid crashes. 

Please do not tell me to follow ps4 troubleshooting tips as I have done these already, and my other games work perfectly fine, not to mention the multitude of other players who have been experiencing the same problem with this one game.

EA- PLEASE listen to us. PLEASE look into this and get it fixed.

Message 150 of 377 (5,786 Views)